Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Premium ‘Leather Look’ Seat Covers for VW California

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Has anyone fitted these yet. They look good I think. I'm interested in what they are like to live with? I'm content with the price and I suspect they will be a pain to fit but they probably won't need to come off very often. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have them ,I like them ,I had no problem fitting them (got partner to do them :) ) lot less "sticky" than the vw waterproof ones we had previously

I abandoned fitting seat covers as my T6 had the arm rest bolts 'thread locked' in and wouldn't undo using a 1/2" T bar and quality (profession grade not DIY cheap one or the supplied one with covers) bit.
Went solid after a half turn and felt like any more pressure would shear the bolt or strip the seat thread.

Try your ones before purchasing covers.

Last edited:
We have them ,I like them ,I had no problem fitting them (got partner to do them :) ) lot less "sticky" than the vw waterproof ones we had previously
Thank you. The lack of stickiness is useful information.

I abandoned fitting seat covers as my T6 had the arm rest bolts 'thread locked' in and wouldn't undo using a 1/2" T bar and quality bit.
Went solid after a half turn and felt like any more pressure would shear the bolt or strip the seat thread.

Try your ones before purchasing covers.
That's really useful information. I'm doing the what can I buy before my Cali gets here game. I'm limiting myself to thermal screen cover, bike rack and was also looking at seat covers obviously. I'll hold off on those.

Please allow me to clarify the situation with regards fitting the leather look and gti style second skin seatcovers.To fit properly you will need to undo the armrests
When they are put on in the factory vw use threadlock this is why they are tight but if you use the spline adapter supplied with a good socket you will not have any problem obviously if you try turning the spline tool with an il fitting spanner you will have problems we have sold many sets with many happy customers.
They are working on a new design at the factory that will help with this as well.
If you are worried about damaging the bolts we can supply you new ones free of charge. I hope this helps.

They look like they will be easy to clean/wipe down. Are they water resistant? Would they stand up to muddy wet shorts or a wet suit for a short period do you think, or would I need to take the same precautions I would on the factory seats and put a towel or sheet under me arse?

Hi,

Put my name down for a set of these during the open day. Van maybe with in in the next couple of weeks and i was wondering if you had an eta of when these will be back in stock?

Thanks