Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Previous earned 'No Claims discount' on my car not transferrable??

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Any advice please?? Shopping around for insurance.. Confused with NCD.. It seems I cannot transfer my NCD over from my 'now sold' car. Cali is gonna be my day to day transport (very limited though) . My cali renewal (Adrian Flux) stating I only have 1 year NCD which I have only just noticed! Can't remember what I told them a year ago but should be over 9 years....Is this normal to disregard previous earned NCD? Tried 'caravan camping club' and Adrian Flux so far..

Seems odd...we put our cali insurance in my wife's name as she had full NCD from a car that she no longer owned (we were only just in time, as they would have expired it as it was coming up to 3 years since she had the car)

Any advice please?? Shopping around for insurance.. Confused with NCD.. It seems I cannot transfer my NCD over from my 'now sold' car. Cali is gonna be my day to day transport (very limited though) . My cali renewal (Adrian Flux) stating I only have 1 year NCD which I have only just noticed! Can't remember what I told them a year ago but should be over 9 years....Is this normal to disregard previous earned NCD? Tried 'caravan camping club' and Adrian Flux so far..
Caravan & Motorhome Policy takes into account NCD when taking out a policy.

I had the same issue, got over the problem by insuring the Cali with the existing company, whom my other sold vehicle was with.

Insured new Cali for the balance of the remaining term.

Then when policy expired insurers sent a renewal notice stating NCD, leaving you free to shop around.

Unless you are saying that your “sold” car was with Adrian flux, in which case, inform them your ncd is incorrect and send them a copy of the previous renewal which presumably showed your appropriate NCD.

We have literally just shopped around for 1st time Cali insurance & were shocked when the Caravan & Motorhome club refused my wife's 9 yrs NCD, stating "you need to start from scratch for a motorhome"...... we found that others (Camping & Caravan Club, Direct Line, Safeguard & Comfort) did, although some of the premiums were laughable.

In the end it was LV who, for us, came out miles ahead of everyone, allowing us to remove all voluntary excess & include the TDI Tuning box upgrade while still being considerably cheaper than all the other quotes.

Last edited:
Caravan & Motorhome Policy takes into account NCD when taking out a policy.
caravan and camping: on line it doesn’t.. you have to ring them and provide evidence.. now if it would have said that at the beginning I would have rang and not wasted time getting an online quote!

Back