Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price of first service for T5 SE 180 DSG?

Tactical

Tactical

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm interested to know please what price people had to pay (all in - parts & labour) for the first service of their T5 SE 180?

prices of services and some things like break pads are all listed on VW UK van website - fixed national pricing

Useful to know. Thank you.

I paid £168 + vat (£201.60 inc) yesterday. T5 SE 180DSG. 12 months old and 5k miles.

I paid £168 + vat (£201.60 inc) yesterday. T5 SE 180DSG. 12 months old and 5k miles.
Well that's interesting. I called my local dealer and said I had a T5 SE180DSG 12 months old with 5k miles and I would like to book a service. They said I didn't need one yet, and at 5k/year it would be another 12 months before I needed a service. Don't worry they said - the Cali will tell you when it needs a service. But now I am worried!

I'm not sure, but mine stated "x number of days until inspection"? Perhaps I got it wrong and it didn't need a service, just visual? However being used to Land Rover services at £500 + per year, I don't mind too much.
:)

Blimey. Mines just over 10 months old and the milage has just passed 20,000. Will be booking a service in a few weeks time.

I do believe there is an option somewhere when ordered/ordering of a Fixed period servicing or extended mileage servicing using long life oil.

I specified mileage-based and it is inspection at 20k and oil change at 25k. The inspection cost me around £170, included expensive oil fill, (expensive as it gets thrown away in another 5,000 miles), expensive water in the washers and bits of other things. However the inspection was exhaustive and given the way that I crash and bash around I'm quite grateful for that.

Like Rich said, I'm used to the service costing more than the LR so thought all in all pretty reasonable.

Back