Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Private Plate Purchased but do you get it ?

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Just purchased a private plate so of course the first thing to do is share it with you all. Just wanted something pretty basic and inconspicuous, found this for for £250, hoping someone will get it??

TC04 STT

Well I like it!
Just put VW08 EAN on my new 6.1.
Well actually put VW 08EAN on it, carrying the old ones in case plod stops me!
Rather than a waste of money, I see it as a way of making a van a bit more individual and personal. I wouldn't have considered sticking one on a car, but it felt different with a cali.

Well I like it!
Just put VW08 EAN on my new 6.1.
Well actually put VW 08EAN on it, carrying the old ones in case plod stops me!
Rather than a waste of money, I see it as a way of making a van a bit more individual and personal. I wouldn't have considered sticking one on a car, but it felt different with a cali.
Thank you! That's a good plate you have, I imagine anything with VW on it hikes the price up a bit though

I’ve had X44 VWC for years, was on my 4x4 cali now on 4x4 club joker didn’t cost much and never forget my reg when going on campsites like I use too!

I’ve had X44 VWC for years, was on my 4x4 cali now on 4x4 club joker didn’t cost much and never forget my reg when going on campsites like I use too!
Good point, I'm rubbish at remembering my reg but paying £250 for it will probably help with that..

Yes, another good reason. There’s zero chance of me ever remembering my car plate - I have to have it saved in my phone.

Thank you! That's a good plate you have, I imagine anything with VW on it hikes the price up a bit though
Stalked it on the DVLA website for quite a while before I convinced myself it was an investment opportunity (don’t intend to sell it!) I paid £499 which I thought was pretty reasonable.

Personalised numbers on cars have never appealed personally. In fact I think a car worth north of 200 big notes passing me on normal plates is cool.

Having said that I do recall a Matt black Porsche - even the windows - with DAR7TH (or similar) and a Barrelling Range Rover with L8 MUM Which I had a sneaking admiration for.

With our Cali I could see myself splaffing out for something along those lines but it would have to be funny or cool or preferably both.

Very good
Is yours still being built as I think we had the same build start date of the 14th Dec ?
I must get my plate sorted as well.

That a great plate, good find!!
We went for VW51EPT as it’s a bit of fun and easy to remember. I like it being dateless too.
I noticed that VW we’re using VW51EEP in their brochure which gave me the idea and a quick hunt on DVLA and I had my first ever private plate. Just need the vehicle to be delivered now.

What are we thinking for a number plate for 21 ? :Nailbiting
I love the X44VWC. Very nice.
I can see X 21 VWC :D
Two axel drive for the price of 1 ?

Very good
Is yours still being built as I think we had the same build start date of the 14th Dec ?
I must get my plate sorted as well.
Hi Jenny H yes 14th Dec build start date. I contacted VW chat last Friday and it's still in build. Will be interesting to see when we each get delivery.
I got my plate from the DVLA website, there are other sites that look like they are cheaper initially but aren't by the time the fees have been added on ...and the plates are the same

Personalised numbers on cars have never appealed personally. In fact I think a car worth north of 200 big notes passing me on normal plates is cool.

Having said that I do recall a Matt black Porsche - even the windows - with DAR7TH (or similar) and a Barrelling Range Rover with L8 MUM Which I had a sneaking admiration for.

With our Cali I could see myself splaffing out for something along those lines but it would have to be funny or cool or preferably both.
L8 Mum made me chuckle, it depends how much you want to spend and those type of plates would be very expensive I guess. Mine was a bog standard basic one, a lot of people won't see it (already tested on my parents who had no clue what it meant) which I'm ok with as the whole point of buying a private plate for me is so my brand new van is a little less obvious.

I've never really been into private plates but I guess at the end of the day they are just another optional extra. I had to change my mind when I had a present given to me. It was T600 VWC.