Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Private Plate Purchased but do you get it ?

Err I think not.... my.4 Motion is a T32 ...I should know...since I bought New in 2008...

Here we go again....

I've never seen any point in private plates until recently.

Late in 2019 we collected our new Cali. We had picked the registration number from a list the dealer had available. It didn't matter which we went for but we ended up with ☆☆☆☆EDL. Unfortunately, within several days of getting it home three separate people had commented; Ah....EDL = English Defence League! So £250 was sent on it's way to the DVLA and we now have a private plate instead.

The moral of this story is to pay more attention if picking registration numbers.
Can’t buy personal plates here in Spain but the combination of year and registration city here resulted in a load of registrations ending in KKK and you can’t do a thing about it!

I remember a mate of mine bought a BSA C11 back in the early 60s. The reg was 3 letters and a single number..Today if it was transferable would be in the thousands.. The bike cost 2 quid..And that would be a good couple of thousand now..
I hade a C11 G in the 70's.

View attachment 75070
Ha!
I like your thinking.
Recently bought this one. (Show plate on, not the road legal one.)
Hope to park next to you one day!!
VW21EEP is still avail on DVLA page, it’s not quite sleep, but it’s close.
Big Ted, what wheels do you have, could you send me/post a pic of them. I fancy changing mine. I have a blue van and the gold looks pretty good.

Ah I have gone for something more personal JG11FOY.....although I have had it a few years but soon to be on a brand spanker Cali

Spanish plates are issued in numeric and alphabetical order according to date of first register, and neither of us wanted a plate with *** KK* or *** KKK. Once that was past, plates continued to 999 KZZ, then on to 000 LAA. Danger past, although I don't know about that first L plate...

Mine was imported to Spain in 2018, so has a 2018 plate. Rough surprise for some stupid thief if it gets stolen.

Last edited:
Big Ted, what wheels do you have, could you send me/post a pic of them. I fancy changing mine. I have a blue van and the gold looks pretty good.
They are VW Oem Canberra’s 18 in.
I had them refurbished and chose gold as I too think they look fab. Not everyones cup of tea, but life would be dull if we all liked the same thing.
if you check out some of my other posts you see them from other views.