private sale/shipping from germany to UK

• Thread starter Caliboard_CaliPilot
  • Start date
Caliboard_CaliPilot

Caliboard_CaliPilot

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi,

we organized a bulk order (stainless steel replacement for the kitchen gas spring) for our caliboard.de members. I also got a few requests out of the UK but i'm completly lost if i could ship to the UK without an invoice since this is a private sale. So my question is, how does it work for you if you buy something from a private seller on ebay (or any other platform)? Are there any customs requirements? I tried to google it but the results are all related to B2C or fraud activities :)

Thanks in advance
Chris

Hi,

we organized a bulk order (stainless steel replacement for the kitchen gas spring) for our caliboard.de members. I also got a few requests out of the UK but i'm completly lost if i could ship to the UK without an invoice since this is a private sale. So my question is, how does it work for you if you buy something from a private seller on ebay (or any other platform)? Are there any customs requirements? I tried to google it but the results are all related to B2C or fraud activities :)

Thanks in advance
Chris
Hello Chris,

As I understand, unless being carried on person, anything else will be considered a sale and will need an invoice. The limit for non-tax is £135 GBP. Not sure what it is worth, but if you send an invoice for less than £135, customs will pass that through without any additional charge.

If items is small, just declare as Sample/0 invoice value. That will also get through as this is a very small item I suppose.

More information here

Thanks

Hello Chris,

As I understand, unless being carried on person, anything else will be considered a sale and will need an invoice. The limit for non-tax is £135 GBP. Not sure what it is worth, but if you send an invoice for less than £135, customs will pass that through without any additional charge.

If items is small, just declare as Sample/0 invoice value. That will also get through as this is a very small item I suppose.

More information here

Thanks
Hi kurienp,

that's good news, yes, the gas spring is pretty small and the delivery is just worth around £52 so there should'nt be a problem. Thanks for your feedback and the link. I had (almost) the same information but just wanted to be asured that the buyer (or myself) don't get into trouble (which would'nt be worth it hehe)

<3
Chris

Back