Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Private toilet facilities

S

steve and lisa

VIP Member
Just booked a campsite in France for the summer and whilst checking out we were offered a private shower, toilet and wash hand basin for €56 for the week, apparently you get your own room with a key for the duration of the stay.

Has anyone else used this as I think it's a great idea.

Yes had this on a campsite in Belguim. Very handy indeed.

We had this last year at a campsite in South West France, certainly worth paying the extra to not be sharing a sink and a toilet with every Tom, Dick and Harry ! ,We also used the room to store some items in when we went for days out.

Yes we had this in Narbonne, France. Always remember the site as left a very useful mains adaptor there, never seen the same since

It may be good for a one time , but if you are not in to public toilets and sharing washing area's you need to go to a hotel or appartment imo.

I certainly would not take this , good to see we are all diffrent;)

It may be good for a one time , but if you are not in to public toilets and sharing washing area's you need to go to a hotel or appartment imo.

I certainly would not take this , good to see we are all diffrent;)
On the site we were on it was a washroom per pitch

Best facilities we’ve had were in Spain where on one site each pitch had a sink and draining board. Made life very easy.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just booked a campsite in France for the summer and whilst checking out we were offered a private shower, toilet and wash hand basin for €56 for the week, apparently you get your own room with a key for the duration of the stay.

Has anyone else used this as I think it's a great idea.
Yes same in Austria when winter camping. Due to cold it was vital!

We often stay at Camping Caceres in Spain and the pitches are divided up into 2 each with a block in the centre of each that has 2 wet rooms with shower and toilet in each and an outside washing up sink, very organised.
upload_2018-3-27_8-29-11.png

The site is just of the main drag down the west side from Bilbao to the south via Seville so we use it as a stop over.

Brings to mind Stonethwaite (Lake District) campsite in the early 1970s.

An old oil drum with a toilet seat resting on top, hidden behind a piece of sacking strung up between some posts. And a tap with untreated water, straight from the beck.

Heaven.

How different we all are.

Why would you want private toilet facilities?

That would deny you of that lovely smell at 10am in the shower block, the cocktail of poo, shower gel and tooth paste

Brings to mind Stonethwaite (Lake District) campsite in the early 1970s.

An old oil drum with a toilet seat resting on top, hidden behind a piece of sacking strung up between some posts. And a tap with untreated water, straight from the beck.

Heaven.

How different we all are.

Haha I was just thinking of a very similar campsite in Cornwall at about the same time - The water was a tap near the owner's (farmer's) house so it may or may not have been treated, the toilet he pointed at was a tarpaulin across the corner of the field, we expected something like a bucket and seat but there was just a large hole in the ground!

Didn't worry us as we chose our campsites based on which had the LEAST facilities listed!

We often stay at Camping Caceres in Spain and the pitches are divided up into 2 each with a block in the centre of each that has 2 wet rooms with shower and toilet in each and an outside washing up sink, very organised.
View attachment 31384

The site is just of the main drag down the west side from Bilbao to the south via Seville so we use it as a stop over.
We have stayed here as well its a nice site with the private shower rooms, we also used this as a stop over on the way to south spain...... although the picture does not show its a stepped/tiered site

Didn't worry us as we chose our campsites based on which had the LEAST facilities listed!

We tend to work on that basis, even today. Which just goes to show how folks' preferences vary.

On the occasions when I want private toilet/washing facilities, I'm probably also looking for a double room, first floor, with complimentary jojobie-and-sea-nettle toiletries by a firm with a posh sounding double-barrelled name, 400-thread egyptian cotton sheets. And a pillow menu.

Otherwise usually happy with a level pitch with a nice view and somewhere reasonably clean within a half-mile for a warmish shower in the morning. And ideally somewhere to get fresh water that isn't on the same pitch pillar as the sluice-down for the black water drain (always a bit surprised to see that - even in a refugee camp the latrines and water points are supposed to be kept separated).

We stopped at a site with private heated facilities per pitch in the Netherlands on the way to the VW factory visit last year and loved it. Though I am normally content with any facility that we use providing it is clean and in good order and has helpful staff. Our nights away range from no facilities to 'glamping', depending on mood.

Back