Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pro-User Diamant SG2 Plus versus Atera GENIO PRO

audio2

audio2

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am trying to make my mind up which one to purchase. The atera is about £50 more expensive & does not have bag. It is for two ebikes approximately 20 kgs each on a T6 California with factory detachable tow bar. I am aged 77 so am looking for easy of use, but also like a quality product. Your views to help me make this difficult decision would be most welcome.

Hi there, I have been through this choice issue last year. Having had problems with the SG2 after a couple of attempts to sort the shop opted for getting my money back and we went on to buy the Atera. Bought for 2 e-bikes at 22kg each. Took these off to Spain and Portugal last year. Works a treat with the tail gate opening.

Atera is good bit of kit and everything all worked out for the best.

We have just swapped from the VW rack to the Atera Genio Pro. Very pleased. It's a well made piece of kit and very much eases getting an e-bike on and off the rack.

If you can lift the front wheel of the e-bike 30-40cm from the floor, you will get it on no trouble, just sort of push it up and on to the rails and roll it over the hump.

The boot lid opens without issue with the rack tilted down.

The heaviest part of the exercise is lifting the rack on to the tow hitch. We tend to do that as a pair, one on each side and that makes it a lot easier.

The cover is worth having for when it's stored. After some faffing, we worked out that it is best fitted to the rack while it is still on the van after the ramps have been folded up. Then lift the rack off by gripping it through two slits in the top of the cover and finally zip the front up when it's on the floor.