Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problem with door mounted table

S

susan harringt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi We've recently bought a 2008 California (first time ever owning a campervan!) and gradually finding all the bits and bobs on it. I struggled to release the door table today as the handle didn't seem to press in very much. I eventually released it and put it up. All ok till I tried to stow away again as it wont click into place and the handle isn't moving. Any suggestions please? thanks !

Mine is a little stubborn too.
The thing you can try to do is to take of the sliding door trim and try to get the lever alive again.
You need to remove the white/grey top trim. It comes in 2 pieces. One around the knob/handle, with a screw. the trim around the window "just" clicks off. Then you unscrew the screws on the bottom of the big darker grey trim and pull the rest of the trim off. Then you see the table release lever.

Good luck.

Mine is a little stubborn too.
The thing you can try to do is to take of the sliding door trim and try to get the lever alive again.
You need to remove the white/grey top trim. It comes in 2 pieces. One around the knob/handle, with a screw. the trim around the window "just" clicks off. Then you unscrew the screws on the bottom of the big darker grey trim and pull the rest of the trim off. Then you see the table release lever.

Good luck.
Thank You.
The thought of removing anything scares me but will give it a try.

Just be careful when removing the little trim around the sliding door handle. The knob of the lock will act a little bit up.

Might be worth trying a silicone spray to lubricate the release mechanism before you start to dismantle the door.

Pull the handle UP to release the table and press it down to click back in. Good tip regarding the silicon spray

That is unless it's the metal mechanism behind the trim that is acting up.

Hi We've recently bought a 2008 California (first time ever owning a campervan!) and gradually finding all the bits and bobs on it. I struggled to release the door table today as the handle didn't seem to press in very much. I eventually released it and put it up. All ok till I tried to stow away again as it wont click into place and the handle isn't moving. Any suggestions please? thanks !
I had the same issue...managed to get it to pop back down with a knife and then applied silicone grease around the catch and seems ok now

I had the same issue...managed to get it to pop back down with a knife and then applied silicone grease around the catch and seems ok now
It sometimes helps to push the table in slightly to take the sprung pressure off the catch.

Check out my pictures in the following thread:

Back