Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

problem with the gas stove at low temperatures

Adno

Adno

Vehicle
T6 Coast 204 4Motion
Today I wanted to turn on the gas stove it was quite cool 4st C, but I failed, and the gas cylinder is full
who had problems with starting a gas stove at low temperatures? Apparently it is related to the gas in the cylinder. The cylinder is filled with butane. Maybe I should fill the cylinder with a propane-butane mixture. Any suggestions?

Better have a small camping stove as a backup, many 4 season canisters out there.
Amateur refilling with LPG or any other gas mix could cost you the camper and blow you to bits!

Is it not illegal to change the gas type in the 907 cylinder?

Today I wanted to turn on the gas stove it was quite cool 4st C, but I failed, and the gas cylinder is full
who had problems with starting a gas stove at low temperatures? Apparently it is related to the gas in the cylinder. The cylinder is filled with butane. Maybe I should fill the cylinder with a propane-butane mixture. Any suggestions?
Something like this would work.

Something like this would work.

Ooh!

Possible thread hijack warning.

Could one/few of them connected to the tank keep the water warm enough to then keep the butane cylinder at a decent temperature?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ooh!

Possible thread hijack warning.

Could one/few of them connected to the tank keep the water warm enough to then keep the butane cylinder at a decent temperature?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I have no idea but the company makes lots of different sizes and wattage to run on 12,24v and Mains.
You would need to fit it to the bottom of the tank, the base or sidewall so that you would get convection currents going in the water to distribute the heat. Could work very well.

Is it not illegal to change the gas type in the 907 cylinder?
It isnt but
No in Poland , gas cylinders are commonly filled with a mixture of propane-butane.It works in low temperatures, even in subzero
that is as maybe but its against the manufacturers spec and in the case of an incident you’ll be unlikely to be paid by your insurers.
If its a real need to ‘cold camp’ look at Gaslow or Propex for a permanent solution, not anywhere near as cost effective as a £20 camping stove with an all seasons mix cylinder.