Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problems opening drawer

Dave Webb

Dave Webb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I’m having increasingly more trouble opening the drawer under the seat in my Ocean, it’s never been that easy but seems to be getting worse, it gets caught on the opposite side to the opening latch and I think it’s due to too much lateral movement of the drawer in its enclosure, just wondering if you all have this same lateral movement or has something come adrift?

Appreciate any advise.

Hi,

I’m having increasingly more trouble opening the drawer under the seat in my Ocean, it’s never been that easy but seems to be getting worse, it gets caught on the opposite side to the opening latch and I think it’s due to too much lateral movement of the drawer in its enclosure, just wondering if you all have this same lateral movement or has something come adrift?

Appreciate any advise.

I now have this exact problem. I’ve just purchased a carpet that sits under the bench seat which has made the drawer struggle to unlatch on the opposite side of handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My drawer opens easily even with a carpet underneath and very little movement of the drawer in its enclosure.
If you look inside the drawer there are 2 small screws. (Can’t remember if they are at the front or back corners) once removed the drawer just lifts off it’s runners. You should then be able to see if anything has come loose.

The drawer has 2 catches, one at either end, they're both
connected to a rod.
At the release catch end it is possible to tighten the catches
on the bar. With an Allen key.
It could be that the catches are not in sync

I had the same. Ended up removing the catch spring at the end furthest away from the handle (there is one for each catch), then after a bit of a battle with the remaining spring I put it back together - you'll need to remove the plastic front to access it all. Now opens with ease.

Back