Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problems with CO2 emissions

D

davep74

DaveP74
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,

Just trying to get my 56 plate (174 TDI manual) Cali through its MOT and its failed on emissions due to the new tighter government standards. is way below the old standard level but just not good enough for the 'plate' registered levels set by the government. Injectors have been cleaned etc, full service done and no signs of loose pipes or cracked manifolds. Remapped for fueling and still no joy. Any other suggestions to lower the CO2?

Air intake and exhaust pipe upgrade? New cat?

What was the reading this time ?

I have the same motor as you and mine passed last time and
I'm not due till 2020 but i wonder if the Co figures will be on the
increase.

If i was faced with your problem i would change the
Lambda sensor ( about 60 quid for the part ) then i would only
tank up with Shell V power diesel, get at least a couple of tanks of
that run through, and i would also try some of this 12264_2a03e7.jpg

Once that is done i would take it to a different testing
station and make sure to give it a good blast beforehand
to get everything nice and warm.
The V power and the additive might not do anything but its there
so what have you got to lose.

I have used ‘Forte’ fuel conditioner/cleaner. Full bottle into half a tank and then the Italian tune-up......
I got a vehicle through using said method and the tester was a bit bemused as how much it had come down after the initial reading. I fear we will all be facing the higher standards from here.
Good luck.

Hi @davep74 the plate value for your vehicle should be 0.5 presuming your calli has a dpf on a 56reg vehicle although it is on the change from just a cat to a Cat with a dpf coating what engine code do you have AXE or BPC ? What did the emissions read for your vehicle when tested ?

Hi,

Just trying to get my 56 plate (174 TDI manual) Cali through its MOT and its failed on emissions due to the new tighter government standards. is way below the old standard level but just not good enough for the 'plate' registered levels set by the government. Injectors have been cleaned etc, full service done and no signs of loose pipes or cracked manifolds. Remapped for fueling and still no joy. Any other suggestions to lower the CO2?
Any news Dave ?

Finally passed. I now own the cleanest running Transporter ever initial reading 2.5 should be .6 but is now reading 0.07 for co2.
Injectors cleaned. Fuel treatment in. Dpf done and remap. Brilliant work from Colebrook Transporters.
Vw changed the plate value for the Cali as it isn’t classsd as a commercial vechile. You’re allowed twice my current plate value for the same engine if it’s a commercial van. Cheers Vw. Hope you’re tax break for making ‘greener’ engines is worth it. Also the new Cali has a higher allowance apparently. No idea how that works but there you go.

Injectors cleaned. Fuel treatment in. Dpf done and remap.
What fuel treatment was used ? When you say DPF done, was that a
new one fitted or the existing one cleaned out ?

Back