Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problems with new Ocean

RJL1

RJL1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone,

Picked up my new van on Tuesday 27th last week and I have a few problems and although I will contacting the dealer first thing tomorrow morning, I wonder if anyone else has similar experiences in the past.

Couple of minor irritations,

Front driver seat heating not working (passenger one fine)
Hob ignitor not working.

More serious,

Water leak - water seems to be collecting on the top of the waste water tank and dripping down the side past what looks like a removable panel and onto the floor..
I noticed this before I put water in the tank and used the tap etc.I can only imagine it is leaking around the window above the sink somewhere with all the rain we have been having?

If anyone has ideas it would be be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Rod

Hi , first two check electric connections underneeth seat / coocker

Leak , as you say most likely sliding window

But as it is brand new , let your dealer sort it out , in the hope it is a decent Cali dealer that is.

As above, the water is most likely to be the window leaking. If its the same design as the T5 the window seal is prone to leaking.
There are 2 drains built into the window frame, these (should) direct water out and drain from behind the fixed glass. This drains are each fed by a small gap ( only a couple of mm wide) between the glass and frame and a drain hole in the bottom window guide.
The problem I had ( with 2 windows) was that the drains were not sealed, so the drains, drained inside the van with water running down the waste tank.
Obviously its got to be sorted by the dealer but I tested the drains with a syringe of water before I took mine back so I was able to demonstrate it was more than a poor window seal.

Hi everyone,

Picked up my new van on Tuesday 27th last week and I have a few problems and although I will contacting the dealer first thing tomorrow morning, I wonder if anyone else has similar experiences in the past.

Couple of minor irritations,

Front driver seat heating not working (passenger one fine)
Hob ignitor not working.

More serious,

Water leak - water seems to be collecting on the top of the waste water tank and dripping down the side past what looks like a removable panel and onto the floor..
I noticed this before I put water in the tank and used the tap etc.I can only imagine it is leaking around the window above the sink somewhere with all the rain we have been having?

If anyone has ideas it would be be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Rod

I think I have the same water leak. Dealer thinks it's coming from the clean water supply to the tap. I think it's coming from the window...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of your issues.
Are you sure about the igniter ?
Just checking that you realise you need to hold down the regulator knob to get the gas supply? only then will it light and you need to keep it pressed down there after for a few seconds too.

Back