Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Puddle of water?

T

thetallguy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I call upon the advice of the ever-wise forum members again...

When I opened the tailgate of my 8 week old Ocean this morning I found a puddle of water between the black rubber boot seal and the boot floor, on the side of the water tank. I removed the trims to reveal the boot catch on the floor and this had quite a lot of water pooled around it. Feeling the felt under the cupboard, this also felt wet.

I've checked the waste tank cover - all feels tight and fine, and anyway, it's almost completely empty. I also felt the connections behind the water filler and into the water tank; both of these felt dry though it was last night that I brimmed the water tank.

Any further ideas as to where it could be coming from? A leaking tailgate seal seems unlikely as we've not had rain for days.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Many thanks

Tom
IMG_8396.JPG IMG_8397.JPG

I had a waterleak on the tube connecting the outside filler and the tank when mine was brand new .
Nothing is diffrent on a T6 in the watersystem so have a look.
Read here
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/fresh-watertank-leaking.4663/

Is your thirth breaklight still in place ? Open the storage where the campingseats are in , see if they are wet , could come from upthere

Is you Cali parked uphill than also check the waste watertank ,
and even further up front the fron roof drain tubes (known issue)

Fantastic answer. I felt around the ribbed filler pipe and sure enough it was wet. I’ll let VW deal with it in the first instance under warranty, then I’ll do it properly with the smooth pipe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back