Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Purchasing a new Californis

P

pips123

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
We are planning to order a brand new California Ocean 150

What kind of discount off the official price list could I expect ? Our dealer is giving us 4% off.

Also, the engine is 2 litre 150 ps. What average mileage per gallon can one realistically expect ?

Would anyone care to submit warnings or comments about the latest version ?

Thanks

Pip

Hi Pip
We took delivery of a a Coast last May, having ordered in November 2021 from Liverpool van centre. ( the local dealer wouldn’t entertain a discount) we got 6.3% off list plus they price protected us from two price rises. Plus two years servicing, which was an offer at the time.
We’ve got nearly 7k miles on the clock and have achieved 37mpg over that period. A mix of driving conditions.
I’m guessing the bubble has burst slightly and that dealers might entertain you pushing for a harder deal. We emailed 10 dealers and Liverpool were the most accommodating in all respects. Good luck and have a good long think about colour and spec before you pounce.
Phil

Hi Pip

We took delivery of a a Coast last May, having ordered in November 2021 from Liverpool van centre. ( the local dealer wouldn’t entertain a discount) we got 6.3% off list plus they price protected us from two price rises. Plus two years servicing, which was an offer at the time.

We’ve got nearly 7k miles on the clock and have achieved 37mpg over that period. A mix of driving conditions.

I’m guessing the bubble has burst slightly and that dealers might entertain you pushing for a harder deal. We emailed 10 dealers and Liverpool were the most accommodating in all respects. Good luck and have a good long think about colour and spec before you pounce.

Phil

Thank you Phil very helpful comments indeed ! Thank you Pip

As others say. Use DTD. It ends up a dealer order anyway and a fun drive back. Main dealers will sit around the 4% mark because they can.

Hi our 2022 order was through autoebid with around 8% discount and it worked very well as the dealer ended up being our nearest one anyway. Would recommend them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re MPG we have the engine you’re referring to and averaging just under 40 - pretty good, done almost 5k miles now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our Ocean delivered about this time last year, we got 9.5% total discount, which included £1k from VW off options added. Plus 2 years servicing, seat covers, rubber mat set, rear bumper protector. We bought it at the Liverpool Van Centre, and very happy with our treatment. Our wait time was 11 months.

Fuel economy was awful at the start, but soon crept up to about 37mpg average.

Great vehicle to drive!

If mpg is of interest to you the tailgate bike rack seems to increase consumption by a non negligible amount. A towbar mounted alternative might be preferable. Do your research.

9% via Drive The Deal.
Collected from Eurovans Crawley for a £75 train ticket. Drove back to The Midlands.

On our Ocean delivered about this time last year, we got 9.5% total discount, which included £1k from VW off options added. Plus 2 years servicing, seat covers, rubber mat set, rear bumper protector. We bought it at the Liverpool Van Centre, and very happy with our treatment. Our wait time was 11 months.

Fuel economy was awful at the start, but soon crept up to about 37mpg average.

Great vehicle to drive!

Another one here from Eurovans Crawley via DTD. About 9% discount on list. Hull VW had no interest in getting anywhere neat this. Process worked just fine.

MPG, The other day out for our first trip this year 2018 6 speed Manual Cali Ocean 150, 15,000miles, 43.8mpg indicated over a 35mile journey.
No bikes on the back, but otherwise loaded for camping. Hope this helps.
BTW, Just had an Email from the dealer that sold it to us offering to buy it back for an 'advantageous' price, with the option of a significant discount on a new one.
I get the feeling that they feel they may be short of vehicles again this year.

Last edited:
Back