Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

QTMDirect carpet stained floor

C

CaliAM

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi
We purchased a QTM Direct carpet mat to protect the living space. The carpet backing sheds black granulated peices which have stained the floor of the van. I haven't found a cleaner yet that will remove the marks on the floor. I bought the carpets to protect the floor from damage and now the pale grey floor is speckled thoughout with stubborn black marks. Anyone got any ideas how I can remove the stains?
Thanks
Caliam

Last edited:
Hi
We purchased a QTM Direct carpet mat to protect the living space. The carpet backing sheds a black granulated pirces which has stained the floor of the can. I haven't found a cleaner yet that will remove the marks on the floor. I bought the carpets to protect the floor from damage and now the pale grey floor is speckled thoughout with stubborn black marks. Anyone got any ideas how I can remove the stains?
Thanks
Caliam
Have you tried WD40?

Autoglym Tar Remover

I stupidly put a tyre on the back seat and it made a right nasty mess. Tried everything then this, super stuff for these kind of bitumastic stains. It’s the Carbon Black they use on underlay & tyres that’s the issue.

Try TFR from any valeting company it removes most things pretty much like mukoff but stronger

Hi. autoglyn Tar Remover has got rid of the oily stains on the floor! Avoid the basic (granulated backing) QTM direct carpets! I understand they do a deluxe range....

Thanks for your assistance

QTM no longer sell the nice quality carpets with the latex backing. I just bought a set of 'Deluxe' carpets and they where anything but! The older (cheaper!) 'premium' was much better. I regret my purchase should have stumped up for the Brandrup.

ps they don't even supply the sticky pads anymore..

QTM no longer sell the nice quality carpets with the latex backing. I just bought a set of 'Deluxe' carpets and they where anything but! The older (cheaper!) 'premium' was much better. I regret my purchase should have stumped up for the Brandrup.

ps they don't even supply the sticky pads anymore..

I too bought the deluxe carpets and the backing has also left black marks all over the floor. I’ve tried several cleaning items but will now get some autoglym tar remover. Thank you for the tip.
I am also very disappointed with the quality of QTM mats and would not recommend them. I too wish I had purchased the Brandrup ones. The old saying goes doesn’t it. You get what you pay for.

Our Brandrup carpets shed black marks onto the grey floor, but wiped off with baby wipes.

Back