Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

quality of paint on roof

T

tedgina

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi took our t6 ocean today for a problem with this finnish on the roof ,blemishes on the roof towards the back ,dealer said it was due to the metal used on the roof he had seen it before and vw had refused a claim , however it is going back to their body shop in january for them to check it .sounds like a excuse not to do the work.

Hi took our t6 ocean today for a problem with this finnish on the roof ,blemishes on the roof towards the back ,dealer said it was due to the metal used on the roof he had seen it before and vw had refused a claim , however it is going back to their body shop in january for them to check it .sounds like a excuse not to do the work.
The roof is aluminium but that shouldn't mean you have a bad paint job. Given the problems with roof corrosion you might not want anyone to touch the roof paintwork. Have you looked at the threads about roof corrosion? If not it would be worth having a look.

The paint on mine is thin on the rear edge of the roof, I only noticed it when I used a ladder to wash the top properly.

The roof is aluminium but that shouldn't mean you have a bad paint job. Given the problems with roof corrosion you might not want anyone to touch the roof paintwork. Have you looked at the threads about roof corrosion? If not it would be worth having a look.
hi i have looked at the roof corrosion pages but this looks different just a bad paint job you only see it when the roof is up or on ladders to clean it. thanks