Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quest gazebo/ screen house

S

Sutherland

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I am hopefully picking up a beach bery soon. Being a family of four I have opted for the beach and outside living space to house the kitchen etc. I’m am looking at options and there is the drive away awnings but also this quest gazebo/ screen house.
With no experience of either there is lots of chat about awnings but I am wondering if anybody has any experience with the quest. It looks so easy to put up. Ideal if you are moving place to place?
Also do camp sites restrict gazebo’s?
Thank you for any advise

When you book a campsite they will ask if you have an awning. I say no as I only use my wind out. so just say yes and it won't be a problem. I had a beach and loved it very much. you are set for an awesome time. Don't forget the cadac bbq and beers.

If I knew two years ago all that I know now after 40,000 km driving around 33 European countries and about 300 nights sleeping in our van as a family of four, I would have bought a Gazebo not a driveaway awning.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

If I knew two years ago all that I know now after 40,000 km driving around 33 European countries and about 300 nights sleeping in our van as a family of four, I would have bought a Gazebo not a driveaway awning.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Why?

Not wishing to sound negative but it looks awfully big in its bag. Maybe a look around for something easier to carry in a Beach with 4 occupants and everything else. Great news about getting a Beach and hope you have great times.:thumb

If you got the 2 seat rear bench it might fit easier.

Cheaper
Quicker to put up
Zero faff to disconnect
Zero faff to connect
Less bulky
Greater flexibility over location

Against that:
Less privacy
Smaller

Do you have a estimate time mumber you "think " you spend on positioning your Cali next to the drive away awning and connecting the kador strip on you year's trip ?
:)
Time you could have spent on other things ...like opening a botlle of wine ...

Do you have a estimate time mumber you "think " you spend on positioning your Cali next to the drive away awning and connecting the kador strip on you year's trip ?
Why dont i just use my big tent?
What if i am using my Calitop..2 things in the awning rail?? (Thanks)

We didn’t often drive away because of the faff.

To drive away everything in the porch area needs to be packed into the tent. We tended to use the porch area as our kitchen area: small table, stove, gas below; Muji kitchen drawers.

The wind out awning needs to be slackened off and the figure of eights and kador removed and stowed. The porch area needs rolling up and secured. Finally two guys pegged out in lieu of the support from the attachment.

We also pegged a line between the centres of the two wheels to make realignment easier on return.

Faff is probably between 5 and 10 minutes for departure and the same again for return. Of course, if we had an outside kitchen area, that would still require packing away if we had a gazebo style tent, and possibly a windbreak for the kitchen area.

Hi, thank you for reply’s.
I bought the quest. It Goes up like a dream, it’s brilliant.
It is big tho.. it fits fine in my two seater beach along the side bench.
As soon as I bought it I discovered the khyam dub hub. It looks nearly as easy to put up but probably better suited for me.
I’m Able to connect it as awning if I want to although I’m thinking I won’t most of the time?... It’s More weather proof and can make it private when I want to. It packs up smaller.
I have put the gazebo on eBay and the khyam has not arrived yet.
I will post when I can compare the two options.

Back