Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Question for moderators

BikerGran

BikerGran

Growing old disgracefully
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Please tell me why my posts in the thread "View from/of your van' are being moderated?

All posts on that thread are moderated.

Something to do with the storage of media, and making sure they are all Cali related.

(I believe the issue was that some people were uploading all of their holiday pics)

I'm sure one of the Admins can give further info

Yes, those threads with media uploads are moderated for exactly that reason, it is just to ensure they are cali related. At one point the site had a lot of off topic images which took up a lot of space.

Would be good if there was a way to not moderate the messages without images, but as Moderators we don't have access to any of those settings.

Please tell me why my posts in the thread "View from/of your van' are being moderated?

Is there a change been made before and afther the " moderation" ?
What is it you not wiched to change?

I saw your request earlyer in the specific post but noticed nothing strange so was thinking everything was back ok

They aren't being changed only reviewed and approved. I haven't rejected anything for many weeks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why is @BikerGran so upset?

In some treads ALL pictures need approval , maybe this something she is not aware.

I don't think she's upset, probably curious.

If I was on a forum and what at first sight appeared to be randomly selecting my posts for moderation I would be curious and ask the question, quite reasonably.

Gran, as others have said, it's to prevent too much space being eaten up by megabyte-hungry pics that may have nothing whatsoever to do with campers and campervanning . Even I was discouraged from posting 149 pics of my first grandson going to "school" for the first time ......:oops::oops::oops:

Even I was discouraged from posting 149 pics of my first grandson going to "school" for the first time ......:oops::oops::oops:

Just take his picture from Albert to comply :cheers

Yes, I was just asking. On other forums people are usually told why their post is moderated, but I can see that would be impractical if all in that thread are moderated.

I thought I had posted there before without that happening but clearly not - the memory isn't what it was!!! :embarrased

Yes, I was just asking. On other forums people are usually told why their post is moderated, but I can see that would be impractical if all in that thread are moderated.

I thought I had posted there before without that happening but clearly not - the memory isn't what it was!!! :embarrased

If there are changes made to a post we can notify the starter to say why we moderated.
But in some treads pictures need to be "approved" and stay unvisible until a moderator takes action.
Changing the content of a post happens rarely , but putting a post in the correct subcategory is very often required

Yes, I do understand!

Just take his picture from Albert to comply :cheers

I did, but it seems that the three hour video of him arriving, in class, using spelling blocks, leaving, took up a bit too much space .... and that was only the Monday of "his first week at school" :shocked