Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quick blast to Paris and back

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Ive had the big yellow Cali Beach 150 manual 2wd for jus about a month now - its my only vehicle and enjoying using it very much.

Took my two grown up lads to Paris for the big game this - travelled down Tues morn - le shuttle over and in Paris for lunch - was going to wild camp under Sacre Coeur as per some local knowledge but got cold feet and opted for the paris city campsite by the river - only 5 km away from the action. Knowing what i know now, i would go for the wild option - but it was fine we had showers and a cafe on site.

Lost 2 1 but reckon the away goal will give us the edge. The van was great for a driving tour of the Paris sights jumping out for pics etc - lunch at Rue Moufftard and headed back for a tea time crossing.

The Beach was perfect - the boys took it in turn to lounge in the back on the trip / share the navigation. They slept downstairs and i was in the upper. The temp dropped to -7 during the night but we were all cosy with the parking heater bubbling along.

Just to get a bit of rest - i popped the roof on le shuttle and had a few zzs while the train took the strain.

800+ mile round trip in 40 hours - 37mpg (but we did press on a bit) very comfortable drive, very surefooted in some very wet weather. I love it - planning the next trip, we are off to learn kitesurfing

Back