Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quick new year getaway

No_heroes

No_heroes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Has anyone got any experience trying to find some sun in Europe this time of year? Ie leaving UK for a week.

2 days driving south- where is open and warm at this time of year? North Spanish coast?

Any ideas- is anyone on the road at the moment?

North Spanish coast can be as bad as here at times. It actually snowed in San Sebastian last year.

We are down in Alicante area, it has averaged 21 degrees here during the day, we spent most of Christmas day on the beach

Has anyone got any experience trying to find some sun in Europe this time of year? Ie leaving UK for a week.

2 days driving south- where is open and warm at this time of year? North Spanish coast?

Any ideas- is anyone on the road at the moment?
Get as far south as you can.

Northern Spain can be like Cornwall at this time of year.

15C and sunny on the Costa Brava for the next week.

We got to Blanes with two little boys in a day and a half. Left after school at 3.30pm one Wednesday and drove until late into the night with the boys asleep; camped in an aire when we could drive no longer. Set off early and arrived at tea time.

its was 22 degrees here in Algarve today and drops to around 11 degrees at night, been wall to wall sunshine for past week and the ten day forecast looks the same

Decided on the Alps! 2 day trip down to Bourg Saint Maurice! A fantastic hub to explore the ski resorts- all very close and the Les Arcs ski area within a 15 min walk and railway! Great fun for New Year!

Faultless drive down, and glad that I have the all season tyres and 4motion as there was a dump of snow recently on the site. The roads are clear all the way. Did get some snow chains on the but don’t see that I will be using them.

No ISOTOP as it’s in the post but the standard pop top seems fine down to -3c.

9B622340-4847-4E5E-AADE-FC66BDE871A6.jpeg

Very nice, we were at the Huttopia site over Christmas. Not sure when you are leaving but if it’s Saturday leave really early or really late or you’ll be in a jam all the way past Chambery.

Glad to see someone else who doesn’t need a poptop cover.
They are so over-rated...
Haven’t needed one in the last 20 years of owning vans.
Enjoy

Very nice, we were at the Huttopia site over Christmas. Not sure when you are leaving but if it’s Saturday leave really early or really late or you’ll be in a jam all the way past Chambery.

Plan to leave around 6am on Sunday. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully that should be ok.

They are so over-rated...
Haven’t needed one in the last 20 years of owning vans.
I've never over-rated mine but its been absolutely brilliant
in -18 temps in the mountains, ideal also for keeping the snow
away from the roof mechanism too.
It occasionally has a turnout in the hot sun, as mine is a silvery colour
so must reflect a few rays away from the roof.

Mine won't be coming up for sale any time soon so you'll probably
have to keep an eye out on eBay.
I can see that you really want one.