Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quiet Storage Of Kitchenware and Other Stuff

G

gatvol

As a complete newbie, might I ask for some tips on how best to keep the noise/ rattles down when driving the vehicle please ? Have people bought snazzy sets that are perhaps rubberised/ go in wraps/ fit together well etc

What to people do about pans rattling/ crockery rattling and flying about/ food containers clattering about ... chauffer style driving is not what i do unfortunately

The cali is so well engineered and quiet I think that it should be possible to keep noise like this down to a minimum with some planning. In older campers It was presumably less of an issue as as the aerodynamic efficiency of a brick partnered with an air cooled engine struggling to do 50mph, and the windows down to keep cool probably made more than enough noise already

Thanks

We have gone with a combination of bubble wrap and non slip matting.We kitted the van out at the weekend just to get an idea and so far.....I haven't noticed cutlery, crockery, pots/pans etc moving around.
The bubble wrap was used by the shop when we bought the mugs so we thought lets keep it. (btw always proper mugs glasses etc...life is too short to be drinking out of melamine!!). The non slip matting came from 2 sources; one set came from a camping outlet and is thicker than the second lot that came from Poundland!! We (Shani) cut it to fit.
We also packed stuff in boxes also to reduce any potential movement.

If you can hear stuff moving around, it's not the noise but the damage you should worry about.

Hope that helps.

Iain

Found out earlier than a clean, unused nappy makes a great sound deadener!!

Iain&Shani said:
KernowLad said:
Found out earlier than a clean, unused nappy makes a great sound deadener!!
:lol: I bet it does! What do you do with it!!

Had a few spare so wrapped them around a couple of rattly mugs!

We have some non-slip stuff a couple of boxes and pack odds and ends tightly. We have a couple of roles of absorbent cloth (that isn't dusty..) and put that between bowls and pots/pans. We also carry a few tea towels and use them to fill in any gaps. We generally manage pretty much zero rattles.

I do as others... non-slip matts.
I wrap cutlery in it as well, then put a small towel on the top of the drawer, seems to stop rattles there.
Have plastic mesh baskets on the shelves with things wedged in.

If there is a rattle just turn stereo up & sort it when next stopped !

I bought loads of non slip matting and lined our shelves with then - I shall keep the spare stuff for such duties as described! But nappies are more amusing.

Turn the music up loud and don't worry.

Small baskets from B&Q make it easier to keep stuff in one place in the cupboards below the sink
Kitchen towel around glasses.
Best buy is a stackable cooking pot and pans from Halfords. Stores in little space. Again kitchen role between them to keep em quiet.

Non slip mats, some open storage boxes that take up about half a shelf leaving space for larger stuff on the shelves, and some of those big sponges they sell for wwashing cars to fill the odd bits in between.

Mind you my sliding door rattles so much I probably wouldn't notice anything else!

Back