Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quite [like] the Nugget.

Maxx

Maxx

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So, just watched this video of the Ford Nugget on YouTube. A lot of thought appears to have gone into its design and speaking from the perspective of a beach owner (3 kids), I would seriously consider this, in fact I am.

So, just watched this video of the Ford Nugget on YouTube. A lot of thought appears to have gone into its design and speaking from the perspective of a beach owner (3 kids), I would seriously consider this, in fact I am.
Have you looked at Wellhouse Leisure? They’ve been doing pretty good Transit conversions for quite a while and used to have a link to Ford who were selling them through their dealers.
Any competition is good!

speaking from the perspective of a beach owner (3 kids), I would seriously consider this, in fact I am.
It's certainly different. From full flexibility Beach to integrated rear kitchen, leaving little if no storage for awnings/ dogs/ sports gear etc. I can see it suiting sedentary couples, less so active families.

My one " arrgh" moment was seeing how close the glass/stove top was to bed access ladder, one misplaced foot away from a breakage.

It's certainly different. From full flexibility Beach to integrated rear kitchen, leaving little if no storage for awnings/ dogs/ sports gear etc. I can see it suiting sedentary couples, less so active families.

My one " arrgh" moment was seeing how close the glass/stove top was to bed access ladder, one misplaced foot away from a breakage.
Unless you are very tiny the access to the kitchen etc always requires the pop top raising, itself no easy feat with the bed also needing to be raised and fixed in position. A lot cheaper option of course, you pays your money......

From memory conversions like this and wellhouse the rear seats are tiny. I have 3 kids in our beach, 2 with car seats now was 3, there's no way I could fit them into those converter seats. That is why we chose a beach over others, including a vw kombi.
It's a shame as I like the wellhouse vans.

I too like the look of the Nugget. Having three seats is attractive, and the kitchen area looks good, though I’d fear standing on the cooker on the way up or down from the roof bed. On reflection though we need the extra storage that the California offers, and which we need for the way in which we camp.

Check out the new Westfalia Kelsey, looks very similar.

The OP needs a 3 seater bench. This appears to only have two.

The Nugget is a development of a 25 year old design on a T4, the California Club.

It's a very different beast to the current Beach but not every Beach owner bought it because they didn't want a kitchen.

The Big Nugget (?) with the high top is a useful beast, but as we know, once you get an inch bigger than a Cali, other compromises have to be made.

Back