Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Rømø Denmark Meet 7-9 Sep 2018

Do you want to attend (just as a indication)

• Yes!

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope this is a success - it sounds great. We can’t go because we’ve only recently ordered a van and don’t currently know when we’ll get it.
Hopefully it’s a great success and you’ll repeat it in the future.
Good luck!

We will see … if it is a success and all, we might do it again on another location ;-)

I have not closed down yet – we have still a few pitches left! Come, come, come, …

We've just filled in your form....now looking at Euro Tunnel....plans afoot!
Dog in tow, so happy to get together with other dog owners if we can't go to the night out!
:thanks

How bad are the mozzies/no_see_ums/midges in September......?

How bad are the mozzies/no_see_ums/midges in September......?

There are only midgets in a few local places in Denmark, and Rømø is not one ;-) Mosquitos can be found, but I don't think it is a problem close to the sea. In fact, they like Sweden, Norway and Finland a lot more - so it's not really a problem unless you walk into the woods at sundown.

If you walk in a forest and high grass areas you should check for ticks afterwards.

Almost sold out, but unfortunately, two had to cancel last minute – so we keep the registration form open a few days … so you still have a chance to join …

FINAL CALL …

All have an end – this also applies to the registration form for this stunning Meet!

SO this is the final chance for you to register and attend this wonderful weekend together with 55 happy VW campers from 4 different countries!

Click here to register: http://www.henrikkaufmann.dk/meet2018

Been checking out some campsites to go before the meet , found something i never seen or heard of : a ROTATING PITCH !
just rotate allong with the sun or turn your Cali tail in the wind whenever you feel the need to reposition.
:Stig
https://ribecamping.dk/en/accommodation/camping/rotating-pitch/
Way to go those Danisch campsites look great!

Last edited:
ONLY ONE PITCH LEFT!
Closing down the registration tomorrow!

The Meet is now fully booked!
Please use the form, to sign up for our waiting list, while we try to get more pits opened.

We got 4 extra pits! One is gone already … three to go. Be quick!

So thinking of booking the tunnel asap.

What route by road would people recommend? So many options but we want to spend a few days getting to Denmark so we dont get stressed? We do want to spend as much time in Denmark as possible though.

France, Belgium, Germany perhaps? Never been to Belgium or Germany via road so would appreciate any advice to make the trip memorable.

So thinking of booking the tunnel asap.

What route by road would people recommend? So many options but we want to spend a few days getting to Denmark so we dont get stressed? We do want to spend as much time in Denmark as possible though.

France, Belgium, Germany perhaps? Never been to Belgium or Germany via road so would appreciate any advice to make the trip memorable.

Germany can be hell to drive thru ....as is Belgium .
France = peage or route national .
You could head to Champagne Nowack where the meet last september was and then head via Luxemburg for cheap diesel and in to Germany .
Don't know how we are heading , depends on what we are dooing the two weeks before , we are three weeks off work and plan to head to Denmark a week before the meet maybe via Holland...
Still long time , i like last mintute calls:D

Just for your notice, the weekend before the meet, there is a spectacular motor-rat-race on the beach: Would love to go myself ;-)

http://www.romomotorfestival.dk

The absolute final two pits a still open for sale …

Dear all – Registration is now closed. Sold out and more than 60 happy campers attending!

The last 6 weeks we have had weather like never before. Temperatures above 25* and no rain … it was the warmest May ever registered. And for now it just continues … so if you like summer, Denmark might be the choice for this coming holyday!

Looking forward to seeing you all in Rømø!

Very excited about the trip, planning on making a mini video vlog for campervan cookout. Also would love to see about food in Denmark, local dishes etc.

I also see Denmark is ok with responsible drone users, so I may actually get some footage too.

Is there a good source for campsites in and around the area?

Very excited about the trip, planning on making a mini video vlog for campervan cookout. Also would love to see about food in Denmark, local dishes etc.

I also see Denmark is ok with responsible drone users, so I may actually get some footage too.

Is there a good source for campsites in and around the area?

Visit Sønderjylland is a good website to start with. There are a great variety of restaurants and campsites:
https://www.visitsonderjylland.com/ln-int/sonderjylland/welcome-southern-jutland

Food is, in general, a big thing in Denmark. One of the nice parts thru summertime is the small popup salespoints with local food you find along the road. Many farmers sell directly on the roadside. Potatoes, Berries, homemade Honey and marmalade, and so on. Then there are many small breweries and producers.

Using a drone is some different. The rules have changed a lot over the last few years. And there is more focus on it – despite some still, don't care or don't know. Without a drone pilot licence, it is very limited where it is actually legal to fly. And all drones over 250 g must be registered. You can read details here:
https://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/da/droneregler

Visit Sønderjylland is a good website to start with. There are a great variety of restaurants and campsites:
https://www.visitsonderjylland.com/ln-int/sonderjylland/welcome-southern-jutland

Food is, in general, a big thing in Denmark. One of the nice parts thru summertime is the small popup salespoints with local food you find along the road. Many farmers sell directly on the roadside. Potatoes, Berries, homemade Honey and marmalade, and so on. Then there are many small breweries and producers.
Wow, great website thanks! It looks like our idea of heaven from the website. One of the "problems" I find recently is we have visited places like Iceland and Sweden in the past few months. We love the culture and found we felt more at home there than we do at home. I suspect looking at the website that Denmark will be another place we wish we lived in haha. We won't want to go home.

Look at all that lovely food...
https://www.visitsonderjylland.com/ln-int/sonderjylland/southern-jutlandic-cuisine

I will have to make sure I make a Danish dish for a video whilst we are out there.

Our Ocean is just equipped with a simple radio, and we use our iPad mini for navigation. Works very well with google maps. We use to place pins on that. But maybe I can somehow import your file to that?

Probably easier to just add the pin on the google map

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I would start a new thread to talk about travel planning. I have only ever been into Europe on a motorbike and that was via Ferry. I plan to go via the tunnel this time around but really have no idea what its like to drive the route and how long to factor in. Ideally I want as much time in Denmark as possible :)

I speak a little very bad French I've not used since school (enough to buy fuel, ask directions and order food), zero German or anything else. Language is always the thing I worry most about, hate not being able to use the local tongue but Ill have to deal with that.
  • I understand the beach is best booked without the number plate as a car other over 1.85m otherwise the cost is higher.. Is there a better route via ferry into say Amsterdam? We will have dogs with us.
  • I would like to go visit @Auberg-ine to film the worlds most organised Cali for Campervan Cookout if he is up for it ;)
  • How many days is realistic to get from Calais to Denmark? We certainly dont want to do it in one go (all 860+ miles). Any countries to avoid?
  • Once in Denmark I can take a leisurely drive upto Rømø.
What route would you take?
Google Map Route

Last edited:
I thought I would start a new thread to talk about travel planning. I have only ever been into Europe on a motorbike and that was via Ferry. I plan to go via the tunnel this time around but really have no idea what its like to drive the route and how long to factor in. Ideally I want as much time in Denmark as possible :)

I speak a little very bad French I've not used since school (enough to buy fuel, ask directions and order food), zero German or anything else. Language is always the thing I worry most about, hate not being able to use the local tongue but Ill have to deal with that.
  • I understand the beach is best booked without the number plate as a car other over 1.85m otherwise the cost is higher.. Is there a better route via ferry into say Amsterdam? We will have dogs with us.
  • I would like to go visit @Auberg-ine to film the worlds most organised Cali for Campervan Cookout if he is up for it ;)
  • How many days is realistic to get from Calais to Denmark? We certainly dont want to do it in one go (all 860+ miles). Any countries to avoid?
  • Once in Denmark I can take a leisurely drive upto Rømø.
What route would you take?
Google Map Route
Recently return from a tour though Belgium and Holland, every local we spoke to instantly shifted into staggering good English when we inflicted our versions of French/Dutch on them and were most enthusiastic about the royal wedding.
We travelled from Dover to Dunkirk on DFDS, £81 return, very satisfactory operation straight onto free decent roads north..
Some lovely towns (with excellent public transport/bike lanes from campsites) like Ghent and Delft to stop off at on the way up to Denmark, take your pick.