Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Radio display showing parking sensor

K

koups

HI, my radio has just died and it just now shows the parking sensor image or the climate control image on the screen. I have pressed and held the button of the radio but it does nothing- no sound. It seems to show the parking sensor screen even when the ignition is off and keys are out so am slightly worried it might rung battery down.

I just wondered if anyone else had ever had this and might be able to give me some words of wisdom?

Thank you!

May depend on what you have? But the T5 & 6, the radio switches off after 30min. Try leaving it and see if it shuts down. If it does it may reset when you start up.

HI, my radio has just died and it just now shows the parking sensor image or the climate control image on the screen. I have pressed and held the button of the radio but it does nothing- no sound. It seems to show the parking sensor screen even when the ignition is off and keys are out so am slightly worried it might rung battery down.

I just wondered if anyone else had ever had this and might be able to give me some words of wisdom?

Thank you!
I'm sorry but you are really expecting miracles to get a worthwhile answer.

Telling us which Model/Year of California would help and letting us know which Radio you have would be even better.

Just posting that your radio has failed with No Information just means that people will read and ignore.

Sorry about that..

I have a grey 2010 T5 California 180 bhp with the factory fitted stereo. I am sorry but not sure of the make but I have posted a photo..I just wondered if there was a way to reset- I guess would need to disconnect the battery maybe?

radio.jpg

Sorry about that..

I have a grey 2010 T5 California 180 bhp with the factory fitted stereo. I am sorry but not sure of the make but I have posted a photo..I just wondered if there was a way to reset- I guess would need to disconnect the battery maybe?

View attachment 28044
Thanks. That is the RCD 310, I think, according to my research.

Thank you for that- I think it has just died as I dont even get the radio. I press the menu button and nothing happens. I only see the climate control screen or the parking sensors so I know that the screen is working. Maybe a radio fuse has gone??

Thank you for that- I think it has just died as I dont even get the radio. I press the menu button and nothing happens. I only see the climate control screen or the parking sensors so I know that the screen is working. Maybe a radio fuse has gone??
The Radio Fuse - Could be in the Upper Fuse Box under the Gear Stick.
Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 16.35.33.jpg
It can vary from vehicle to vehicle.

Also the VW Diagnostic Software VCDS can Diagnose the unit apparently.

Thank you! Can I read the fuses in the box and find number 33? I presume I can just buy a new one?

Brilliant! Thanks. I swapped a fuse over and working well now so that is the problem- will order some new ones! Thank you.

Result

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back