Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Radio spontaneously muting

Rololux

Rololux

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Today, after having set off in the morning, I stopped for fuel. When we set off again, there was no sound from the radio. Everything looked normal - it showed the radio station, including what was playing, just no sound. When I turned the volume control, the bar came up as usual, but would not move. Satnav voice worked correctly. Stopped after an hour for 10 mins or so, and when we restarted, radio worked as normal.

Software bug, or am I missing something obvious?

It’s happened to us also a few times. I’ve found selecting the Radio function and the station you’re listening to, clears it ok. I put it down to the infotainment system getting confused about what it’s playing when we’re connected on Apple Play, but don’t know if that’s valid.

Today, after having set off in the morning, I stopped for fuel. When we set off again, there was no sound from the radio. Everything looked normal - it showed the radio station, including what was playing, just no sound. When I turned the volume control, the bar came up as usual, but would not move. Satnav voice worked correctly. Stopped after an hour for 10 mins or so, and when we restarted, radio worked as normal.

Software bug, or am I missing something obvious?
I'm not familiar with your radio but on my RNS510 there is a button labelled Phone which when pressed mutes the radio or media playing but not the Satnav. ? Something similar on yours.
It too resets after a restart if left on.

I'm not familiar with your radio but on my RNS510 there is a button labelled Phone which when pressed mutes the radio or media playing but not the Satnav. ? Something similar on yours.
It too resets after a restart if left on.
I also came to the conclusion that it had something to do with the phone. I tried everything I could think of - restarted the vehicle, re-selected the radio station, even turned my phone off completely, but nothing worked. Not sure I pressed the phone button on the control panel though - if it happens again I’ll give it a go.

Back