Radio Station Icons

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
When I took delivery of my new Cali only the first four preset radio station icons were showing. The book of words tells me to download others from the VW web site. There are hundreds, save them to an SD card, insert in radio, select preset station, options, scroll, select etc - its all a bit of a PITA. Anyone know of any shortcuts?

In a few years time only few of us will remember the time when a turning knob and a needle leaded you to your favorite musicstation....

I Google the stations I'm interested in, using Google images, select a suitable station logo thumnail and copy it to an SD card. Insert SD card in radio and use the menu system to assign the image to each preset. Easy enough, but if you're struggling, reply and I'll try and type up a better instruction...

Martin

I Google the stations I'm interested in, using Google images, select a suitable station logo thumnail and copy it to an SD card. Insert SD card in radio and use the menu system to assign the image to each preset. Easy enough, but if you're struggling, reply and I'll try and type up a better instruction...

Martin
Thanks for your offer of help but in fact that is just what I have been doing in the last half hour or so. It's still a PITA and it shouldn't be that way in this day and age. Why can't it be automatic? Retrograde step IMHO.

Not too onerous for me as I only listen to a handful of stations, there's 15 odd presets and once it's done, it's done, but I agree, I'd have thought an image would be downloaded as part of the stream (for DAB at least)...

Thats interesting... I have virtually given up with the radio etc as it does not really live up to my expectations I have seen and played with systems in "normal" cars and they are much better... I may have to persevere ...

Thats interesting... I have virtually given up with the radio etc as it does not really live up to my expectations I have seen and played with systems in "normal" cars and they are much better... I may have to persevere ...
It's fine for us, but, the DAB reception can be (understandably) sketchy around Scotland... Not sure what your issues were but I wouldn't get too excited... :)

Just really alot of messing about to listen to for example music from your phone it normally takes the entire journey to get it sorted ! more complicated than it should be and quite disappointing for such an expensive vehicle...

My radio icons seem to load automatically. Is that because I have Car-Net?
7ece2f333896a26b0337005dc180ae98.jpg

My radio icons seem to load automatically. Is that because I have Car-Net?
7ece2f333896a26b0337005dc180ae98.jpg
I didn't have to p**s about loading icons on any other vehicle radio - not even my old Cali! Like you they came up automatically. That's how it should be. (Getting grumpy!!)

I agree Jabberwocky ...I have an MY19 vehicle and the audio system is in my opinion very poor compared to other vehicles.

Some DAB stations broadcast their logo under the 'service & programme information', including current song title / artist, but not all do that.

We had a German station pre-set on ours, which we have left on for prosperity.

My dad's Multivan (2017) has the Belgian radio staion logo's through RDS. No car net, or internet. Put in the shortcut and the logo was there.
Don't know why yours doesn't do that. What radio system do you have?

My dad's Multivan (2017) has the Belgian radio staion logo's through RDS. No car net, or internet. Put in the shortcut and the logo was there.
Don't know why yours doesn't do that. What radio system do you have?
Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen.

BBC seem to broadcast their logos, the UK commercial stations not so much.
Some advice: don’t download every logo to the SD Card (or USB thumb drive) like I did, you spend hours scrolling searching :headbang

I've got the same unit in my Crafter and have the same issue, pretty poor in this day and age.
I noticed that BBC stations and some others had the logos but not others.
I did download and install logos for the stations on the first couple of screens but reset the head unit after I was having trouble getting google maps to work through android auto so I lost them.
Can't be bothered to do it again!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BBC seem to broadcast their logos, the UK commercial stations not so much.
Some advice: don’t download every logo to the SD Card (or USB thumb drive) like I did, you spend hours scrolling searching :headbang
Been there, done that! :headbang

In this day and age? :headbang
How else do you want 'free' information about the radio stations? Otherwise you need to put 4G in your radio, or connect your radio to your cellphone's wifi to get the info?

We are never happy?

Back