Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessories For Sale Rainbow screens wanted !

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Does anyone have a Rainbow screens T6 pop top cover and front screen for sale ? Ideally with no design on the front and please and that would go with our two tone T6.

IMG_0560.jpeg

That’s exactly what I’m after ! Looks smart !

Thanks. Luckily I got the windscreen cover and wrap around pop top insulator thrown in as part of the deal when I bought the Cali. I’m assuming you can still buy them from Rainbow??

I hear Rainbow sell them ;-)

TBH we have one but will use very little. We won't sell it as you never know, but it's very bulky to carry and apart from a few months a year it's not really needed. Do you really really need one? We could have saved the money and not noticed.

Last edited:

TBH we have one but will use very little. We won't sell it as you never know, but it's very bulky to carry and apart from a few months a year it's not really needed. Do you really realkly need one? We could have saved the money and not noticed.
Does it depend how dark you like the interior?

TBH we have one but will use very little. We won't sell it as you never know, but it's very bulky to carry and apart from a few months a year it's not really needed. Do you really realkly need one? We could have saved the money and not noticed.
At full price they do ;-)

Ok thanks for your advice, I have a two year old so ideally in the summer would like it as dark as possible as the front blinds do let quite a bit in.

Ok thanks for your advice, I have a two year old so ideally in the summer would like it as dark as possible as the front blinds do let quite a bit in.
For what it's worth we got a topper soon after getting the van (T6 Ocean) as we found sunlight was waking us up too early. (Different models have different light penetration issues). We were also mindful of the need to add insulation to the van in winter months as we anticipated weekend Highland adventures. We are a family of 3 (8 year old sleeps up top and was complaining of cold).
So far I've got a "California Camping" mutze topper, mainly as one popped up for sale on the forums. It can be a bit flappy in stong winds, but I've got an extra bungee to offset that.Ours is sufficiently loose to allow air circulation also, so no condensation.
On the plus side it packs very small (fits easily in tailgate). Downsides are that it can be a faff to put on - we use two people plus folding stool) and it doesn't stop noise - which can be an issue on eg festival sites.
I am looking out for an insulating 'wrap' type cover to try out as they seem easier to fit and I assume warmer and quieter.
Rainbow and Comfortz are the obvious candidates, each with slightly different options at point of order (vents, windows etc).

Has anyone compared the Rainbow and Confortz 'Cali-wrap' type products like-for-like? I'm wondering how they compare in terms both of performance and bulk. I assume both are bigger than a 'topper', but is there much difference between the two?

(I know A Bus and Beyond did a head to head review, but they were comparing a topper with a wrap, not two similar toppers).

We have the same issue up top, so we generally sleep down now. In the summer, for us, it would be too much to carry and TBH a faff to put on, and would be very warm, so for us we wear eye masks upstairs. Obviously not easy for a 2 year old. Other option is the Brandrup inner liner thing - people say that is very good at reducing light. Not cheap though.

We had a Rainbow Screens pop top cover and front screen cover from day one of owning the van - had them measure up and fantastic quality and they work so brilliantly well. Can’t recommend them highly enough! Brilliant!!

IMG_1701.jpeg