Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattles in new van.

A

AlanM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Took delivery on Friday (150 DSG Ocean) and had a night out in it on Saturday. Look, ride, performance, comfort, etc. much exceeded my expectations about which I will write later.
However, the most annoying rattle ever started on the return and has got worse so that it is incessant except on extremely smooth roads.
It seems to be from around the kitchen/B pillar area.
Have emptied the cupboards but still there, as it is with the cooker lid up. Table is locked firmly in place. Wife tried everywhere obvious to no avail.
Help please!!!!!

Alan

Have you raised and lowered the roof since it started?

I had a rattle around kitchen area behind the drivers seat and traced it to one of the reinforced ribs on the pop top folded in slightly oddly and beating a tattoo on the tambour access hatch surround.

Have you searched the forum on the diffrent rattles and solutions .
There are many ...so very hard to answer out of the blue where yours is from.
Best thing to do is drive arround with someone in the rear searching the sound....
Is your emergency triangle located in the cupbord under the sink/cooker ? Or in the drawer under the bechseat?
VW sometimes trows it up on the wastwatertank and only to find by sticking your head IN the cupboard , take a look.
Left B-pilar:
Is your 220v / 150w plug there ? Open the flap see if it is not puched in and fallen behind the trim

Flexi roof light?
Missing plastic tube on the roof scissors pins?
These are both common 'high up ' rattles. Always difficult to pinpoint a rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check Roof Light?, Sink Plug? or Tap rattling on Washing Bowl?
If no one sitting in Front Passenger seat - Seat Belt Clasp next to B Pillar?
Something left in Roof Space?

....the list goes on and on......

I also have a rattle that I suspect could be the rear seat mechanism. One thing to check is the table as it locks at the top and bottom - it can be locked in position at the top but you need to push the bottom in to make sure it engages with lower catch too

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
I too had an annoying rattle that sounded like it was emanating from seat mechanism. After many failed attempts to locate it, I finally discovered it was the plastic trim to the passenger side of the seat drawer, bit of elephant tape on the back sorted it!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

4NTS - is that the plastic that covers the extra storage next to the drawer? Will take a look at mine

4NTS - is that the plastic that covers the extra storage next to the drawer? Will take a look at mine
This bit, to the right of the drawer handle
7aa53989465884e779d448dc1b943b51.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I lost that bit in the first two weeks of ownership and not missed it since

How did you lose it .. Quite big

I took it off for an obscure reason that I have since not been able to recall.

Being a two-left-hands mechanically dyslexic idiot I could not get it back on so left it in Alberts cupboard along with other bits such as the slow cookers I never use, the plastic beakers I can't stand, the seat covers that I got sick of sliding on .....

And, well, it's in there somewhere, I think, just never been seen again.

Ah I see sounds very reasonable ,but maybe its time for a de clutter session ..we have just done one , very cathartic at the time but expensive as we have been on a shopping spree since we collected our new one 2 weeks ago✌️

Very many thanks to you all for taking the time to offer solutions. I had tried many of them to no avail. However, thanks to Jen and WelshGas I lifted and closed the roof and then moved the seat belt anchorage point up and down a few times.
Result - problem solved!!! Pity I didn't try one solution before the other as now I don't know which of the two areas was the source the problem.

Alan

Very many thanks to you all for taking the time to offer solutions. I had tried many of them to no avail. However, thanks to Jen and WelshGas I lifted and closed the roof and then moved the seat belt anchorage point up and down a few times.
Result - problem solved!!! Pity I didn't try one solution before the other as now I don't know which of the two areas was the source the problem.

Alan
A result!

Well done, smiles all round .....

Now to the next of new Cali worries .... "hook-up plug cover flapping in the wind"? :D

One noise i have found which i think nobody has mentioned is the sliding blind cover behind the wardrobe tends to jump up and down in certain positions,find a position that make it feel stiff by lifting it up and down it was the worst noise i have had.

One noise i have found which i think nobody has mentioned is the sliding blind cover behind the wardrobe tends to jump up and down in certain positions,find a position that make it feel stiff by lifting it up and down it was the worst noise i have had.

If I drive around with that blind closed it rattles quite badly. I took Albert back to SMG Cowfold after failing to trace a particularly annoying rattle and they traced it to that blind.