Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattling roof-bed slats

Azteccamper

Azteccamper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All
Just got a 2012 Cali and now noticing that roof bed slats seem to rattle when driving over the slightest rough surface in the road (potholes) - basically every road in South Wales. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how I can remedy it? Thanks.

Hi there and welcome on your first post ,
Are you talking about the slats on the latoflex under the matrrass or the slats of the roof acces blinds?

Last edited:
Reactions: wyn
Hi
And welcome to the forum have just returned from a week in South Wales we have never had an issue with the roof slats but as said before the roof light and the hatch can be a rattle issue, also if you have a wind out awning that can rattle, ours often will rattle and find a wind in a out a few inches solves until next time, Rattle can drive you made but it takes a while to track them down.

Last edited:
Hi All
Just got a 2012 Cali and now noticing that roof bed slats seem to rattle when driving over the slightest rough surface in the road (potholes) - basically every road in South Wales. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how I can remedy it? Thanks.
Welcome. The roof bed slats, as far as I can see and others agree, have not caused problems in the past. Many other causes though, light, hatch etc:
Do you have the mattress on the roof bed? I suppose if the mattress is not present then they might cause a problem.
The roads around here are not good but I've seen worse on my travels and never had this problem.:thumb

Cheers all. I will reinvestigate later. Mattress in place - I'll check the light, awning, etc. see where I get to.
I've had T5 van conversion for years so I'm used to rattles, but everything is so quiet with the Cali it stands out. I will hunt it down!!

Could it be the table not stowed properly ?

Appears to have been the table stored under the fridge!! Am I putting this away properly? Just put a tea towel to stop the rattle for now. Thanks everyone. Lovely vehicle.

Last edited:
+1 for table not stowed properly. Found a disc of white felt when giving the van a clean. Superglued onto back of table and now no more rattling

You've got to make sure the peg is engaged into the hole .
Have a look from inside the boot , all will become clear!

Back