Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RCD 200 iPhone connection

classiccali

classiccali

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi
My 2008 Cali has an RCD 200 fitted. Is there any way to connect my iPhone 7 to use it as a handsfree phone? It has an auxiliary connection for an iPod in the glovebox.
Many thanks
Cheers
Peter

You can use the radioplayercar.com device, which gives you dab, music streaming by Bluetooth, and full hands free phone use. It uses your aux in socket, and is hidden.

I've just had one fitted into my 2010 Cali. It's the just the solution I was looking for (wanting to keep the dash as original as possible), but I'm struggling a bit with it. It demands a lot of your phone, and mine seems to have some teething / installation issues, but there is a money back guarantee if you don't like it.

Last edited:
If you are less ambitious, and just want safe / legal use of your phone, the basic parrot kit is well proven and will do the job. I'm pretty sure they can fit your stereo but do double check with the seller / installer.

Does the stereo have an Aux in, I used with good success a little bluetooth device that plugged straight into the line in and gave very good sound. Literally cost about £6 too.

The downside is the battery life was about 8 hours of play, so it did end up plugged into a usb cable most of the time.

I used one of those on my T4 Matt, but it only did for music, not calls.

They do them now with mics built in too, not sure how good they are for calls though, will never be as good as a parrot.

Many thanks both for your help, much appreciated

Back