2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Just a quick question to those with this unit:

I've just upgraded my non dab 310 to the dab version. Generally very happy with it, but when I first switch it on, it finds then loses the dab station twice, (goes silent) very briefly (2 secs? each), before settling down and operating normally.

Wondering if this is normal behaviour for the unit, or if I need to look at the settings? I'm wondering if it's looking for, and testing the back-up FM options during the pause?

Last edited:
Just a quick question to those with this unit:

I've just upgraded my non dab 310 to the dab version. Generally very happy with it, but when I first switch it on, it finds then loses the dab station, (goes silent) very briefly (2 secs? each), before settling down.

Wondering if this is normal behaviour for the unit, or if I need to look at the settings? I wondering if it's looking for, and testing the back-up FM options during the pause?
Are you sure it’s not the other way round you get FM first and then it switches to DAB. There is always a lag on DAB compared to FM as it takes the circuitry a few seconds to intergrate the digital signal.
All explained in this very good article.

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/radio.html

Thanks WG. I've drunk too much vin rouge to do the article justice, but your theory is a good stab, except it also happens on Radio 5, which doesn't have an FM equivalent. My understanding is the DAB units switch between DAB and FM if it loses the DAB signal, but that trickery doesn't extend to MW.

It may be auto switching between two signals, I find DAB a bit like that on some stations with my RNS315, get little pauses or it seems to lag out. The national stations are usually less prone than the smaller ones I find.