Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Read Your documents "reducing Agent"

Betty67

Betty67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Buying my cali second hand from dealer like most men don't read instructions, and after just checking service book for found a a4 paper from VW giving me 8 refills of what they call "Reducing Agent"
I can only presume this is AdBlue down to udating ECU due to Fuel Deception Software.
This Raises questions, Do i try get compensation as obviously my van was affected?
Should us men be forced to read all manuals by Law?

Buying my cali second hand from dealer like most men don't read instructions, and after just checking service book for found a a4 paper from VW giving me 8 refills of what they call "Reducing Agent"
I can only presume this is AdBlue down to udating ECU due to Fuel Deception Software.
This Raises questions, Do i try get compensation as obviously my van was affected?
Hi Betty67,

woukd you be kind enough to post a photo of the a4 sheet.

did you get a service record print out ?
does it show the vw warranty code for the work ?

Adblue updated Software has nothing to do with the VW Emissions issue on earlier vehicles..

It was/is done to help keep the exhaust free from sooting up due mainly to short runs when the emissions system doesn't get up to a working temperature or only for a very brief time.

1. You can try but the fact that you have that A4 sheet offering those refills tends to suggest that the previous owner was given it as compensation after having had the Software tweaked.

2. Forcing men to read manuals by law would not be in the public interest. It would have the same effect as accompanying ones wife shopping. You know, that thousand yard stare that indicates a total brain disengagement. We've all been there and seen many other men so afflicted.
No the usual method of over confident blundering without any reference to a manual is tried and tested. Why change? Besides if we make a complete dog's breakfast of it the girls will always sort it out. :thumb

It is on service record presume code is 23z7
Much appreciated I need to check my records for the 23Z7 code

mine is a DSG 150 Beach MY18 - Demonstration vehicle

When I enquired : Vw dealer has advised me “your van does not need the Adblue update“

that does mean it has not been done without my Knowledge!

appreciate your full response Betty67

Back