Really happy owners!

PudnBob

PudnBob

No more waiting….let the adventures begin
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
hello all, firstly thanks so much for all the incredible information on this site. That coupled with members vast knowledge and enthusiasm makes this addictive. We have just had the most fantastic customer service with Alex Burton at the VW Commercial centre in Swindon. 3 1/2 hour hand over and we based the whole handover on the check list download which I sent to him last week! We have got the 2018 model (not expected!) with the split cooker top etc. He does have others available if anyone was still thinking for this year.
All I can say was they were so helpful, informative without being pushy, charming without being creepy, and have asked us to keep them up to date with how we get on! Would recommend them. If you want contact number, very happy to pass on. Driving home now!

Congratulations and welcome.

Get it on the drive or somewhere more scenic have a read the manual and enjoy

Mike

Great stuff , if you have the '18 model please keep us posted on how the new features turned out .
I have seen the split worktop and some other things during the Hannover factory visit but they where just demo set ups.
Give us your view .

And pictures :D

That sounds brilliant! We picked ours up at 5pm on a Friday night, so didn't have much time for handover, but any issues we have had have been handled brilliantly by our dealership at Northampton and latterly by the wonderful Cali expert technician at St Ives, Cambs.

How wonderful/exciting, enjoy. . We found check list really helpful.

What colour/spec is the Cali. Photos please.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
How wonderful/exciting, enjoy. . We found check list really helpful.

What colour/spec is the Cali. Photos please.
Indium grey, manual, 80 ltr fuel, need to check the spec sheet as I'm not van educated/literate yet
Will take photos tomorrow as we are off for our first adventure. Will try to upload but will be off hookup so it might have to wait till we get home and have some signal. It's come with extras which I wasn't expecting and I think they might have had a go at the "bellows" solution, but as I don't have experience of a previous set up I might just be easily pleased!
Bellows seem to have reinforced fabric struts sewn into the bellows fabric with a mid section which pinches in the 3 sides as it lowers. Will take a movie and try and post...may already be in place and I hadn't noticed on members pics
Unexpected items discovered are:
Sliding cup holder
2xsliding rails with hooks either end to fix on front of cooking rail
European hook up adaptor (I think !!)
Mesh tie down kit for the boot area
Window fly screens for living area
Bin
Mug
Reinforced tailgate struts
Split kitchen glass covers
Strap for supporting cabin table if wanting more work surface
Gas regulator and adaptor, I think that's it, but we are a bit overwhelmed by so much to learn after our last van that we had in the 80's!! So last century
Complete cleaning kit (more than I have at home)
Bag of spare parts but not sure where they match to yet
That's it so far. Have had a christening drink and now to pack...brain tired

Welcome and what a great intro. It's great to hear good stuff about a dealer as so often we hear the opposite. I'm looking forward to the adventures and the pics :)

Welcome along, great to hear something positive about the Swindon dealer (closest to me).
Could you please send me contact details (at your convenience) as I am currently compiling my dream spec and will be sending it out to dealers very soon.
I hope you have a fun weekend trying out the new toy(s)! Enjoy!

Welcome along, great to hear something positive about the Swindon dealer (closest to me).
Could you please send me contact details (at your convenience) as I am currently compiling my dream spec and will be sending it out to dealers very soon.
I hope you have a fun weekend trying out the new toy(s)! Enjoy!
Hi Mr T
The contact number and email is
Alex Burton
alex.burton@fish-bros.co.uk
His day off is usually a Wednesday!
We found him to be really straight forward and if he didn't know the answer to something he didn't pretend and found out what we needed to know as soon as he could! Good luck with your next purchase.

IMG_4497.JPG IMG_4517.JPG IMG_4518.JPG Report on first weekend out. Family tradition is to test out new camping kit in the New Forest so off we went
The last time we had a campervan was last century in the 80's! I can't believe how sophisticated the new van is, we think she's going to be called "Gracie Grey"
I was worried about the leisure battery, never had so much electirckery to worry about, in the dark ages it was one fridge and that was it!
Everything else really was luxury and I really have been spoilt for life.....
Top tips from forum members were invaluable, cheers!
The split glass kitchen top was really useful, could really understand why it was on an owners wish list, inexpensive lightweight chopping boards from Tesco (pack of two in bright colours £2.50?) were not only chopping boards but an alternative to a tray to protect the glass tops, but I will probably buy the protective film
The factory fitted bike rack was brilliant and the lockable attachment struts were fab. We used the little one to clip both bikes together before securing with a cable bike lock. NB, when loaded with bikes, let the tailgate down gently as a slam could damage the soft close
Bathroom annex picked up from "Blacks" in the sale, was the loo, shower room, the wellie/boot room and the wet coat room and box storage!
Grass breathable ground sheet was comfortable under foot,
Up cycled fabric bags/pouch which held 4 beer bottles, another held 2 wine bottles and 2 more which all held stuff could then sat on the surface were fab meaning No rattles when driving, which was shared by both
Had a moment when we were filling up with fresh water and it was all "leaking" out the back....check the leaver position and close it!

List to save up for or purchase:
Bin for rubbish, found one I like in Tesco which will slot neatly on the floor by the kitchen (£4 and £8 version)
Comfortz mattress please, bed comfortable but hard!
Collapseable bucket
Air safe
Scotch guard
12v hand vacuum or very stiff brush
Footwell mats

I will be making: a skewer sleeve, covers for the bench seat and cushions and a table cloth
Will be copying Verity (thanks Verity) and making an awning side till we have saved up for the side awning/privacy room

We forgot the mallet, so used my clog! And are getting heavy duty pegs as we were on stony ground

Only thing to contact the dealers with is the LED strip light along the front of the unit seems to be on an intermittent mode which indicates a wiring glitch and the hand book is a bit confusing with their explanations, I need an idiots guide
The alarm works brilliantly as it went off as we locked ourselves in for the night, sorry anyone who will have been muttering "bl**€¥ idiots!"

Allen all a fab start to the Gracie Age, and we have already booked into a site in exmoor for next weekend...did that last night!!

Thanks again everyone for your warm welcome and fantastic tips