Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Realy Useful Items

G

golfie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi All
We collect our Cali from the dealers next week after 7 up and down years with a motorhome. We then only have three weeks before we go to Portugal for two months.
As we are downsizing we are wondering what we should take with us in the limited space available.
In our van we both had items which really useful and could be used for more than one purpose e.g. rectangular mop bucket which fitted in an underneath locker and used to carry wet items and cleaning materials but could be used for soaking clothes, carrying water, dog water bowl etc.
So my question is:- What are your most useful items, what would you recommend as most useful in the space available.
As a prize for the best suggestion I would like to offer a free ride to Portugal, but unfortunately I do not have the room!
Thanks in anticipation
Carole & Colin

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply.Collapsible bowls might be best.

The other issue I have is what to use to fill the water tank, previously I carried a hose and a 11ltr watering can both seem obsolete now. I suppose a collapsible carrier and a funnel would suffice, unless someone knows better!!

C & C

Hi there

We get ours on Saturday, so far I have purchased

Electric Hookup Cable
Fire extinguisher
10l collapsible water carrier
Hozelock fittings to make own fill up hose
Collapsible kettle

About 60 quid in total

Bigger things on my shopping list when funds allow

RNS510 to replace RCD310
Bluetooth kit with Audio steaming
Towbar and electrics
Probably a matress topper for anything longer than 1 night

About 1400 quid there - lucky I didn't spend every penny I have on a new van..... oh hang on!

Small pop-up tent to chuck bits n bobs in when pitched up? We use ours for storing son's car seat, cobb, kids toys, wellies, etc, etc....

Saucepans that stack inside each other, multi-purpose kitchen utensils (Joseph Joseph do a good one), folding chopping board, collapsable colander, trugs (for washing up, storage, bathing babies!)....

You might also want to think about getting microfibre towels as they take up hardly any room, and stuff-sacks to pack bedding down into...

Hope that helps? :idea:

Eleanor

MrsShambly said:
Small pop-up tent to chuck bits n bobs in when pitched up? We use ours for storing son's car seat, cobb, kids toys, wellies, etc, etc....

Saucepans that stack inside each other, multi-purpose kitchen utensils (Joseph Joseph do a good one), folding chopping board, collapsable colander, trugs (for washing up, storage, bathing babies!)....

You might also want to think about getting microfibre towels as they take up hardly any room, and stuff-sacks to pack bedding down into...

Hope that helps? :idea:

Eleanor

You forgot the huge Coleman shelter and fire bucket for us all to shelter under in the wind and rain :thanks for that :cool

Rilla said:
You forgot the huge Coleman shelter and fire bucket for us all to shelter under in the wind and rain :thanks for that :cool

:lol: and the skewers and marshmallows :thumb

Don't forget the number of the local garage for when you drain your battery via the electric side door :laugh2

Sorry, soap box moment!

S.

Hi
Sorry for the delay in responding to your suggestions, We found some are really useful and thanks for taking the time to reply .

Since taking delivery of the beast we are still trying to get a quart into a pint pot!!

Colin

sidepod said:
Don't forget the number of the local garage for when you drain your battery via the electric side door :laugh2

Sorry, soap box moment!

S.

Or by using to stereo too much without hookup. Oops...

All of the Outwell collapsible stuff is great. We have the washing up bowl, 3 x food bowls and coolest of the lot - the kettle. :cool

Tool box in which we store a small amount of food and a large quantity of wine & beer. The kids use a a foot stool when driving as back seat quite high, when parked leave outside as a step into cali & also useful for access to bike rack & roof cover etc. The tool box also useful to carry jars & other smaller items to & from cali.

bh-15 said:
Tool box in which we store a small amount of food and a large quantity of wine & beer. The kids use a a foot stool when driving as back seat quite high, when parked leave outside as a step into cali & also useful for access to bike rack & roof cover etc. The tool box also useful to carry jars & other smaller items to & from cali.

Like LIke ... top tip

Back