Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear A/C not working

M

Mollymoo

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Switched on the rear a/c for the first time in my T6.1, rear a/c button lights up for approx. 5 seconds and then goes out but no fan/air coming out, has anyone any idea what could be wrong.
I would pop into the Dealer but in the South of France and could really do with it working.

Switched on the rear a/c for the first time in my T6.1, rear a/c button lights up for approx. 5 seconds and then goes out but no fan/air coming out, has anyone any idea what could be wrong.
I would pop into the Dealer but in the South of France and could really do with it working.
Engine running?
Front AirCon On?

Last edited:
Yes to both.
It seems to be intermittent, maybe loose connection?

Yes to both.
It seems to be intermittent, maybe loose connection?
I presume your trying to work the rear from the sync button on the dash ?

have you tried resetting the HVAC flaps ?
link

if when sync it still doesn’t work try un syncing and using the rear controller to set the temp manually (whilst the front is blowing cold air)

the fan for the rear a/c heater is behind the the offside wheel arch hidden in the trim, can you pop off the cover and see if there is a visible problem such as connector off etc? See photo below for location

does the fan start to turn ?

there is an actuator arm that opens the rear AC flaps (check it’s attached)

AAF960B2-9E73-4BC1-89CA-EBE5CF13C65D.jpeg

FC88F49C-FDD3-46F5-BE71-09AC8C5845F6.jpeg

Last edited:
The light only briefly is lit on our van also ( 6.1 MY22 Ocean ). The rear a/c controller shows a temperature setting (same as front by default) and the airflow / fan setting is also the same as the front. You do need to open the Louvre vents by hand though. I’ve not yet actually travelled in the back to play with it when being on the road, but we keep it blowing when travelling with a dog.

Thanks for all the replies, it now seems to be working! all I did was take the protective plastic film off the display and it now works? I think it must just be coincidence as can't see that sorting it.
Here's hoping.
Cheers Martin

Back