Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

rear bed/shelf adjustment... Why, What??

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Basic stuff but sorry, could someone tell me why there are two positions for the ‘rear shelf bed thingy bobs’ aprox 2 inch above each other? Also why is there a adjustable support? why would you want the it at an angle?

378B2E50-B770-4210-B923-E09C6F420DAF.jpeg

1AD3F8E0-7D5B-43AC-B6E6-E0E8B506FE95.jpeg

The lower one is when you have the comfort mattress on so that the bed is flush when down. The other setting is for without the mattress, so it makes the difference up in the gap.
Tilting shelf is for access to battery, tool kit etc

Thanks all. Kinda makes sense now.. (why would u not have the comfort mattress ?) the support arm just pops into one of the two fixing points I suppose.. temporary support for shelf..

We have our shelf at the rear on the highest setting so it's more comfortable whilst sleeping :happy

Hi all
One of the sockets for fitting the rear shelf/bed extension is broken off a bit.
I would like to replace these. How is this attached? Screwed in or stuck?
Looks like number 25 Part number 7H7068135A

We have our shelf at the rear on the highest setting so it's more comfortable whilst sleeping :happy

Does that not make it more uncomfortable...?
I presumed a flatter bed is best?

Hi all
One of the sockets for fitting the rear shelf/bed extension is broken off a bit.
I would like to replace these. How is this attached? Screwed in or stuck?
Looks like number 25 Part number 7H7068135A

View attachment 44686
25 is just a plastic tube insteted in the metal hole I think. 28 is the screw to hold 23 into place?

Yes it's the plastic bushes I need :)

Bit late on this but I use the brandrup small shelf pad that allows you to use the shelf in the upper position to get more depth in the boot whilst retaining a flat bed. Makes a massive difference to the carrying capacity and general access to the boot space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back