Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

1. NEXT CLUB MEETS
    Afternoon Meet ( Now with camping available) - 30th March Details Here
    Gloucester Meet - may 17-19 Details Here

Dismiss Notice

Rear Facing Car Seats

Discussion in 'Cali Kids' started by Whitehouse_03, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Whitehouse_03

Whitehouse_03 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Year:
    I’m interested to know what rear facing car seats everyone uses in their Cali? We have a T5 SE and a 2 & 4 year old and I like to extended rear face to 6 years old / 25kg. We use a Britax 2 way elite and an Axkid Mini Kid in the car but the teethers make this impractical in the Cali. Does anyone else manage to extend rear face? Thanks :)

2. Becky Smith

Becky Smith

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Year:
    Hi! Sorry can’t answer your question but I’m on here trying to find the same answer! Did you find a way? Are there tethers in the t5 do you know?

3. Whitehouse_03

Whitehouse_03 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Year:
    I’m afraid I didn’t. I’ve had to go with forward facing :( yes, there are tethers behind the rear seat. If you find a way please let me know!

4. Becky Smith

Becky Smith

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Year:
    Oh where abouts are the tethers? My husband couldn’t find them! Are they low down and attached to the seat? Is yours a t5?

5. Whitehouse_03

Whitehouse_03 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Year:
    Yes T5. They are really low down. I’ll have a look in the morning and refresh my memory and let you know. When I test drove my van my daughter was in a rear facing maxi cosi axis which has a tether so it definitely has one! I also found the ISO fix anchors are at an angle which put the car seat at a tilt, very annoying.

6. Becky Smith

Becky Smith

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Year:
    Ah thank you very much! We have the problem that my daughter is already at 18kg so can’t go in her current rear Joie seat as it has to go forward at 18kg, but also at 18kg you have to take off the harness and use the seat belt and she’s way too young for that, but the harness seats that go up to 25kg have to be tethered. It’s a nightmare!