Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear internal light stuck on

M

M32

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, this evening I’ve just noticed a single boot space light on my 2019 Beach will not turn off. Has anyone ever seen this previously?

Hi. It’s on a ten minute timer. Leave boot open for ten mins and see if it goes off?
it will go off when you shut all the doors otherwise or lock the vehicle.

Reactions: M32
Thanks for the response, I will give it a go.
Is it a common fault? I’m currently away with work and parked up on Sunday night, I’ve not used it since, I’m curious as to why it’s suddenly decided to switch itself on. I only noticed it when I walked past it this evening.

i'm unsure if yours if faulty, have you checked if you have a door open? If any door is opened then all of the courtesy lights will come on.
Is it on still after 10 minutes with all the doors closed? Is the switch in the roof in front of the rear view mirror set to 'doors'?

Really strange, the light still wouldn’t switch off. This morning I went to it and it was still on, I removed my Charista OBD2 blue tooth dongle, tried the switch and the light went off???
I’ve not seen how the light is controlled but if it’s via the CANBUS I wonder if the Charista dongle was somehow interfering with the control??

Just to clarify the light is the one run from the leisure battery and is on a touch switch in the boot area.

If it’s stuck on probably the switch. Head to vw dealer - warranty work

Just called in to the West Yorkshire VW Commercial at Cleckheaton. One of their technicians took a look and thinks it’s probably a faulty circuit board that controls the lamp unit. a replacement has been ordered.

EBEC28AD-078B-4332-A397-876259843403.jpeg

Back