Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear mud flaps on Grand California

L

leeb

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Ok...I have been in touch with two VW parts shops and 2 independent suppliers of OEM parts. Everyone states that according to VW the rear mudflap is part 7C0075101. I obtained this part and it catagorically does not fit the GC. See photos.
The bolt prodtruding from the floor pan to secure the top of the flap is at least 100mm from the mudflap....and there are no predrilled holes in the wheel liner to take the fixing lugs as per VW fixing instructions.

Has anyone fitted or had fitted a set of rear mudflaps and if so what part number did you use and how did you fit them??

mudflap1.jpg

mudflap2.jpg

mudflap3.jpg

mudflap4.jpg

Search for California XXL Mud Flap 7C0821812B on ebay - looks like it uses the Torx fitting thats shown in your last photo.

My van is the same as yours no holes in the sill end.

Looking at your instructions the 101a flaps look to be longer & 101b look to be longer and wider presumably to fit different variants of crafter.

Ok...I have been in touch with two VW parts shops and 2 independent suppliers of OEM parts. Everyone states that according to VW the rear mudflap is part 7C0075101. I obtained this part and it catagorically does not fit the GC. See photos.
The bolt prodtruding from the floor pan to secure the top of the flap is at least 100mm from the mudflap....and there are no predrilled holes in the wheel liner to take the fixing lugs as per VW fixing instructions.

Has anyone fitted or had fitted a set of rear mudflaps and if so what part number did you use and how did you fit them??

View attachment 93260

View attachment 93261

View attachment 93262

View attachment 93263
Did you ever find the right part number as I am having the same issue, I have been sent the same as your pictures, then tried the b version which is the correct height, but the holes for the two screws are not correct ? Any ideas

Yes....and no!...a parts manager at VW commercial, Tonbridge, Kent (Southern Motor Group) contacted me whilst we travelling with what he felt sure was the correct part. I never got around to buying and (trying) to fit as it was our last tour of late last year. I will resume the quest this spring!...he may be worth a call

Yes....and no!...a parts manager at VW commercial, Tonbridge, Kent (Southern Motor Group) contacted me whilst we travelling with what he felt sure was the correct part. I never got around to buying and (trying) to fit as it was our last tour of late last year. I will resume the quest this spring!...he may be worth a call
Well latest news in ....I have a part number and it fits....
The part that fits a 600 fwd is.... 7C0-075-101-B

Without the B the mudflap is too short to reach the top fixing as the one in your pictures as I had that delivered first.

But most VW dealers will tell you this is the flap...
Then to confuse it more the leaflet on mudflaps shows B as diagram 3 which is for twin wheel vans only but infact the datasheet is wrong and B is actually diagram 2 narrow and tall.

Also to note the fixing holes are hidden under the body coating and paint, but a poke with a screwdriver fixed it...

Pictures below as I have no doubt somebody will want to figure this out again later.

PXL_20230126_134417682.jpg

PXL_20230126_134434311.jpg

PXL_20230126_134452378.jpg

PXL_20230126_134516094.jpg

PXL_20230126_134555480.jpg

PXL_20230126_134353820.jpg

PXL_20230126_134913878.jpg

PXL_20230126_134928006~2.jpg

The picture showing two flaps shows the difference between the B option (longer) and non B too short.

Put the flap in place then poke something small and sharp through the holes in the flap and.it pushes through the body coating and paint.

It makes it more complicated as on ebay you can see a flap that uses the screws that hold the plastic side skirt which is not correct.

I would also think 7C0-075-101-B will also fit the 680.

Back