Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear passenger climatronic blower query

WillSS

WillSS

2 seater beach
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We have the full climatronic AC in our T6 beach but when the air blows out of the rear high level vents approx. 95% of the air flow comes out of the drivers side compared to the passenger side.

Before a trip to the dealer can anyone kindly confirm that this should not be the case?!
Hoping it's 'normal' as not sure I want all the roof/side lining pulled out to find the misaligned pipework.

I wouldn't really care but for the bonus of removing one more reason for arguing between our two!

Obviously I have opened all the vents on the passenger side using the dial knobs in all combinations.
Few pics to confirm what we have, I presume no different to the ocean models with climatronic?
Thanks...

IMG_3440.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3442.JPG

We have the full climatronic AC in our T6 beach but when the air blows out of the rear high level vents approx. 95% of the air flow comes out of the drivers side compared to the passenger side.

Before a trip to the dealer can anyone kindly confirm that this should not be the case?!
Hoping it's 'normal' as not sure I want all the roof/side lining pulled out to find the misaligned pipework.

I wouldn't really care but for the bonus of removing one more reason for arguing between our two!

Obviously I have opened all the vents on the passenger side using the dial knobs in all combinations.
Few pics to confirm what we have, I presume no different to the ocean models with climatronic?
Thanks...

View attachment 25297

View attachment 25298

View attachment 25299

Hi I also have a T6 Beach with climatronic. Just tried mine on the lowest temp and with sync light turned on. I can confirm the air from the rear drivers side where the control panel is located does come out much faster than the left hand side with the two vents. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks for taking the time. I'll get it checked next time I'm at the dealers but it looks like these passenger side rear vents are more cosmetic than functional!

There is more ductwork and therefore air resistance going over to the near side. You could try balancing it by closing down the offside a bit.

I get strong airflow on max from both sides - certainly not the kind of difference you're suggesting @WillSS
I also tried closing one of the two vents on the left side but surprisingly it didn't seem to make any difference on my "back of the hand " test

Make sure it's not in auto in the rear control panel - use the controls to set the speed to max.

95% of the air flow comes out of the drivers side compared to the passenger side.

Are you convinced the proportions are closer to 95:5 than 67:33? With two vents on the passenger side, the air flow should be half the speed that side to make matters fair.

Follow my blog at www.au-revoir.eu

OK thanks for the further suggestions/testing.
Just had another go, set it on max blast (via rear controller). You could blow dry your hair from the drivers side vent but a mere dribble from the passenger side, barely feel it. No improvement if i close/block off the drivers side so based on what @Crell has posted I have my first T6 fault!
No great shakes, will get it checked out but thanks to all who took the time to post.

Anyone had problems with the controls being stiff? I've had problems opening and shutting the vent on the drivers side since new. On the last attempt the rotary control has pushed back, presumably off its axle, and now useless. Looks like a warranty issue.

Anyone removed the grill without breaking fixing tabs?

btw T6 with Climatronic, need to change signature:rolleyes:

Andy

Anyone had problems with the controls being stiff? I've had problems opening and shutting the vent on the drivers side since new. On the last attempt the rotary control has pushed back, presumably off its axle, and now useless. Looks like a warranty issue.

Andy
My T5 rear vents are very stiff. I use a silicon spray to lubricate and that helps.

Andy
I've just had similar with my passenger side. The rotary wheel didn't push back but a pin that was part of the linkage snapped off. I managed to access the vent from the removable trim panel at the end of the dash. There's a screw that needs to be removed from behind the dash, then the vent and surround can be carefully prised out and separated. I was able to drill out the old pin and replace with a screw and nut. I think the reason for the stiffness is that the flap that opens and closes to allow air flow has a rubberised surround to ensure a tight seal but it also sticks within the duct. I have now given all the air vents a good dose of silicon spray ... another regular maintenance routine! IMG_4185.JPGIMG_4181.JPG

Back