Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear safe in a T4

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I’ve seen some T4’s fitted with a safein the rear beside the rear seats. It looks like a tidy job. Has anyone her got one in their cali?
If so how is it secured to the body?
Regards Padraic.

Do you mean the wedge shaped safe next to the rock n roll bed?

In mine, it is bolted through to the floor - I'll take some pics when I get home to show you.

I still haven't sourced a replacement lock for it yet....

Do you mean the wedge shaped safe next to the rock n roll bed?

In mine, it is bolted through to the floor - I'll take some pics when I get home to show you.

I still haven't sourced a replacement lock for it yet....
Yes that is the one alright, I wasn't sure what was the best method to fit it. A few pics would be great.
I think I've seen a lock and key for sale on eBay in Germany, I take a quick look again to see if I can find the add.

Sorry - didn't get a chance last night for photos but I'll have a go again tonight.

The cost of those locks from Germany is excessive but I have been trying to source one in the UK without any success - the size of the lock body is non standard (16mm thread, 13mm across the flats) and it needs to be at least 16mm long in the threaded body.

I have messaged the seller for a cost to ship to the UK - but I'm still searching for a better value unit from the UK....

Looks like a bolt at the front and two screws at the back

A65A4A3B-DDF8-45C2-A718-59DB346166CD.jpeg

Cheers for the photo, any chance of a photo from the underside? I'm wondering if its just bolted in to an existing bolt in the body or just bolted in to a new hole?
Regards Padraic.

Apologies - only just seen the reply - I'll try to have another look this evening.

Mine is in the floor of the wardrobe, not sur eif this is standard!

Looking from underneath - the single bolt appears to just be bolted through the floor and a nut on the bottom. the two self tappers I couldn't see

IMG_5046.jpg

Back