Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear scissors mechanism missing bolts

Calimeup

Calimeup

Wookieevan
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
As above had the roof up today and noticed that I have 1 bolt from each side at the back of rear roof scissors missing. Are these bolts prone to coming loose?20200524_151714.jpg

As above had the roof up today and noticed that I have 1 bolt from each side at the back of rear roof scissors missing. Are these bolts prone to coming loose?
According to the Parts Diagram, there is only 1 bolt.
8A555238-2928-4AED-9B8F-AE174028FF78.jpeg

Strange why make the bolt hole in the first place
I hope it's normal :)

To swap the scissor mechanism between the left hand drive and right hand drive vehicles

Hi, does anybody know how to find the part numbers for this roof mechanism diagram? Trying to find a black clip which is no.5 in this diagram. Thanks a lot.
By coincidence I have just received delivery of this very part from the club shop (7H7 067 071 - £1.50 each). Shayne said they'd never been asked for it before.
I recently heard a disconcerting bang on lowering the roof and on investigation part number 5 had obviously come loose and been snapped in half by the scissor mechanism. I ordered two just in case.
I'm going to replace it tomorrow and planned to post with a photo in case it might be of use to anyone in future.
The club shop will source it for you; excellent service as always.

What luck to have someone else just having sourced the same nondescript part, thank you. I shall order one ASAP. I’ll await your photo once you’ve replaced. Thanks again.

I need that black clip too. Mines snapped off. Part number 5. Where do I find that in the shop?

As above had the roof up today and noticed that I have 1 bolt from each side at the back of rear roof scissors missing. Are these bolts prone to coming loose?View attachment 59762
Both of these Torx screws fell out on my 2019 Ocean. How did you manage to refit the forward of the two as access is limited?

Both of these Torx screws fell out on my 2019 Ocean. How did you manage to refit the forward of the two as access is limited?
Are you sure it is missing. According to the Parts Diagram there is only 1 per side.
Can you take a photo?

I would put a bolt back in there if it was mine. Should be easy enough. Dab of Loctiite.

Thinking about this, if it’s tricky to get a bolt in there then just chop the head off a bolt and locate the stud in there then just add a washer and nut.

Thinking about this, if it’s tricky to get a bolt in there then just chop the head off a bolt and locate the stud in there then just add a washer and nut.
I don’t think there is a hole in the roof, only in the bracket.

Are you sure it is missing. According to the Parts Diagram there is only 1 per side.
Can you take a photo?
20210503_170723.jpg
Definitely two as recovered both and two on the other side. Appears to be T25 but I have damaged the single one I could get back as it was an emergency without proper tools. God knows how the foward one (right in photo) can be screwed!

View attachment 78122
Definitely two as recovered both and two on the other side. Appears to be T25 but I have damaged the single one I could get back as it was an emergency without proper tools. God knows how the foward one (right in photo) can be screwed!
Ahh, I see. That appears to be the front strut, or is it the rear scissors as in the Original thread post?
If it is the front strut then it would appear the strut has to be disconnected at the bottom, fixed at the top and then reattached at the bottom. The roof would have to be propped up during this procedure.

Ahh, I see. That appears to be the front strut, or is it the rear scissors as in the Original thread post?
If it is the front strut then it would appear the strut has to be disconnected at the bottom, fixed at the top and then reattached at the bottom. The roof would have to be propped up during this procedure.
It's the rear driver's side (right hand drive). They must have changed it as it does not resemble the diagram earlier in the thread.

Why does it need a roof hole?
Roof edge frame support if you wish to be exact, although it would seem to be different on the T6. 1, unlike on mine. :thumb

I was meaning put the stud in from the bracket side into the insert visible. Cutting the head off the bolt may just give the room required to fit a stud and then a nut.