Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear seat back Recess

Does seem like wasted space doesn't it. Thought about either getting some elasticated mesh to fit across the seat back or making some sort of bottom hinged door. Perhaps out of the diabond aluminium sheet people have used to make shelves from.

No, I don't think so. The space and the alignment of the headrests don't line up. I am curious though!

Not true they don't go in there...

Of you got the Brandrup seat covers in that place a pocket with a zipper is located and we store dirty laundry in there....very handy!
Indeed, I like that idea but what if you don't have Brandrup seat covers?

Indeed, I like that idea but what if you don't have Brandrup seat covers?

Try some DIY. Make a net over it that is open from above to put small things in...

Might be a £250 optional extra storage box to fit in here being introduced by VW.

Seems everybody including myself has looked at it and thought 'am I missing something' after taking delivery.

Never mind about the recess, I've often wondered what that big black thing at the bottom of the back of the rear seat is. Perhaps it should have gone in the recess but they screwed up on the measurements :shocked

When I collected my Cali I couldn't see the tow hitch and said that it was missing. The salesman went into panic mode, initially saying that I hadn't ordered it. We were sent back into the showroom to wait whilst a search was made. Eventually informed that no tow hitch could be found and one would have to be ordered. Lots of time wasting going on.
Didn't even get a coffee.

Anyhow when home I thought no jack etc and went searching. The other half who reads the manual came out and said to look in that black box, lo and behold inside was the tow hitch & jack etc. She also located the warning Triangle under the sink.
Annoying place to keep the hitch it as it means emptying everything out and crawling under to undo the fiddly knobs. very high tech.Dread a puncture on a wet night.

When I collected my Cali I couldn't see the tow hitch and said that it was missing. The salesman went into panic mode, initially saying that I hadn't ordered it. We were sent back into the showroom to wait whilst a search was made. Eventually informed that no tow hitch could be found and one would have to be ordered. Lots of time wasting going on.
Didn't even get a coffee.

Anyhow when home I thought no jack etc and went searching. The other half who reads the manual came out and said to look in that black box, lo and behold inside was the tow hitch & jack etc. She also located the warning Triangle under the sink.
Annoying place to keep the hitch it as it means emptying everything out and crawling under to undo the fiddly knobs. very high tech.Dread a puncture on a wet night.

If you want the toolbox and don't want to unload the booth , just slide the bench seat fully forward and the toolbox is very easy to acses....it's all that simple !

If you want the toolbox and don't want to unload the booth , just slide the bench seat fully forward and the toolbox is very easy to acses....it's all that simple !
Only when not got the seat area loaded as well which was when I was thinking of emptying to boot.
Guess I needed to add that before.

I have heard you can purchase nets to utilise the space! Also you can locate those fancy folding ladders there as I understand.

Has the space behind the table in the sliding door be utilised for anything by anyone?

I have heard you can purchase nets to utilise the space! Also you can locate those fancy folding ladders there as I understand.

Has the space behind the table in the sliding door be utilised for anything by anyone?
Yes. Vinyl table covering. Spare Popaloo bags.

Back