Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear seat spring

P

Phillvr6

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
The rear seat at just over a year old appears to have a spring trying to escape. Anyone else had anything similar?

Not good @Phillvr6 !
Obviously it could break through at some point so worth raising it with your dealership ASAP. They may not accept it as a warranty claim right now, who knows? but at least you’ll have it on the record.
Does the spring feel like a sharp end? If so you could also raise the issue of potential injury.

We're away at the moment but will definitely be raising under the warranty on our return. Can't see how it can't be a warranty issue.

Hi there, what was the outcome of this issue please? I have the same problem where is seems the springs have gone and when sitting in the seat the spring sticks up and is pressing against the material - I have to wait for almost 4 weeks before i can see VW and I fear it'll pierce the leather.

and your seat seems like with the Alcantara trim. More expensive to repair if that comes through.

With your T6.1, send these pics to the dealer - which you may have already done. Be careful with the email. Don't beat around the bush. Get straight to the point that there is a defect with the seat where a spring/other seat structure item seems to be coming through and before it tears the cover and injures a passenger, that you will request a resolution on priority.

And as WG says, do keep everyone updated on the resolution from the dealer.

Keep your cool. Don't agree to anything other than a seat replacement, but guide them to that solution.

Yes
and your seat seems like with the Alcantara trim. More expensive to repair if that comes through.

With your T6.1, send these pics to the dealer - which you may have already done. Be careful with the email. Don't beat around the bush. Get straight to the point that there is a defect with the seat where a spring/other seat structure item seems to be coming through and before it tears the cover and injures a passenger, that you will request a resolution on priority.

And as WG says, do keep everyone updated on the resolution from the dealer.

Keep your cool. Don't agree to anything other than a seat replacement, but guide them to that solutio
Yes, will do. It’s booked into VW for the end of the month so need to wait some 4 weeks or so but have explained to the operator that this may perforate in the meantime and that you put a note on the account

Will do report back

Yes

Yes, will do. It’s booked into VW for the end of the month so need to wait some 4 weeks or so but have explained to the operator that this may perforate in the meantime and that you put a note on the account

Will do report back
Take plenty of photos before it goes on (before it perforates)

Hi all

As promised, vehicle was in today and they have acknowledged the issue and have honoured to replace the ‘seat cover’ as per what the service rep said - I didn’t actually manage to quiz them about this as vehicle was in for various issues (leaking / mouldy tailgate , roof corrosion and the seat). I’ll find out more details and report back further next week.

Hi all

As promised, vehicle was in today and they have acknowledged the issue and have honoured to replace the ‘seat cover’ as per what the service rep said - I didn’t actually manage to quiz them about this as vehicle was in for various issues (leaking / mouldy tailgate , roof corrosion and the seat). I’ll find out more details and report back further next week.
Where is your roof corrosion?

Back