Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

rear seat stop adjustment?

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have a fifth seat in my van.I need to adjust the rear seat stop in the passenger side floor runner to place the extra seat on the passenger side instead of the drivers side as it will make access easier .
Anyone know how adjusting the stop bolt is carried out? I need to move it back about 10cms.

You need to loosen it with a flat head screwdriver slide along and then re tighten

You will be better off taking the stop out completely, if you move it backwards to fit the 5th seat you will need to move it forwards again to put the bed down.

• Agree
Reactions: DM
You will be better off taking the stop out completely, if you move it backwards to fit the 5th seat you will need to move it forwards again to put the bed down.

Thanks. Will give it a go. I could do with bed/seat coming as far forward as possible to load gear in back.

Definitely get shot of both stops. That allows you to put the bench right to the front and back of the rails. It'll go hard up against the front seats. That gives you space to get in the back through the side door. There's also enough length to carry bikes upright inside with the front wheels off. I bought an interior rack. Just the job.

Just remember that the reason the front stop is there is to stop you pushing the seat so far forward that it can lift out. If you travelled on it in that position and used the seat belt then the seat would pivot forward in an emergency stop.

Definitely get shot of both stops. That allows you to put the bench right to the front and back of the rails. It'll go hard up against the front seats. That gives you space to get in the back through the side door. There's also enough length to carry bikes upright inside with the front wheels off. I bought an interior rack. Just the job.

Just remember that the reason the front stop is there is to stop you pushing the seat so far forward that it can lift out. If you travelled on it in that position and used the seat belt then the seat would pivot forward in an emergency stop.

Thanks for the advice. You mention two stops. Where is the second situated?

Thanks for the advice. You mention two stops. Where is the second situated?
One at the front and one at the rear. The rear one stops the bench going too far back. Remove it, drop the headrests, and the bench will push right back under the overhead locker. Be aware that if you travel with it in this position the rear seats will have reduced headroom and may encroach into the rear crumple zone.

One at the front and one at the rear. The rear one stops the bench going too far back. Remove it, drop the headrests, and the bench will push right back under the overhead locker. Be aware that if you travel with it in this position the rear seats will have reduced headroom and may encroach into the rear crumple zone.

Thanks! I've been wondering how best I can utilise carrying space in the van.

Back