Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear seat

dfps

dfps

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,
Can anyone please tell me how far back the bench seat/bed will go back into the loading area of the van. My seat goes back as far the rear back rest being in line with the front edge of the wardrobe where it seems to hit some sort of stopper and locks inside the tracks where it should to be used in bed mode but the runner tracks seem to go a lot further back in the van. Is there some way for the seat to go all the way back into the van if I remove the rear wooden part that forms the rear half of the bed.

1. Are all California's the same ?
2. Is there something wrong or am I doing something wrong with mine ?
3. Do I need to modify something on my van to get it to go all the way back ?

Thanks

You may have one or two removeable stops fitted to the tracks. Take a flat ended screwdriver and slide it into the track between the rubbers and then move it down the length of the track, if you feel an obstruction before the very end stops on the rails then you should be able to identify where the stop is. loosen the screw in the top of the stop and slide it all way to back and retighten or remove completely. Stops are there as a way of knowing where to position the seat before folding into the bed.
Colin

Best modification I have made is through removing the front and rear stops. With the seat slid all the way forward you can access and climb in the back, ideal when you have bikes loaded and need to get to the gas or things stored in the back. Also with the parcel shelf removed you can create a huge space by sliding the seat all the way to the back of the van.

Regards Barry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD