Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear seatbelt

D

Dubster75

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I own a 92 Cali and the inner most rear seat belt is still an original lap belt. Has anybody had one of these and got it converted to a 3 point belt?
If so where did you put the fixings as it's obviously a bit tricky because of the cupboards.

I imagine this to be quite a complicated modification. The original high level belt anchor point is in the wardrobe with no obvious way to route a new seatbelt to it. The later Westies which have the three point seatbelt, the belt goes into the overhead locker to a mounting point at the back of the overhead locker that has extra reinforcing added during the conversion. Doing this would require cutting a slot in the overhead locker to route the seatbelt through, then creating a mounting point of sufficient strength to withstand any impact requirements. All completely modifiable but quite fiddly. Do you really need to make the conversion?

Thanks for the info, it would be nice to see if anyone has actually carried out this mod before I go ahead. I have two young children ages 9 and 4 so ideally I could do with two 3-point belts in the back. Legally, the 9 year old can travel up front with a booster seat and the wife would be relegated to the back seat with the lap belt on, something she is not too keen on for obvious reasons!

Thanks for the info, it would be nice to see if anyone has actually carried out this mod before I go ahead. I have two young children ages 9 and 4 so ideally I could do with two 3-point belts in the back. Legally, the 9 year old can travel up front with a booster seat and the wife would be relegated to the back seat with the lap belt on, something she is not too keen on for obvious reasons!

Hi, a few months ago I saw a 92 Cali forsale in Portsmouth that had two 3 point harness seat belts on the rear bench seat. It was listed on gumtree so I messaged him and asked who had fitted the second seat belt for him as I also have a 92 Cali which needs another 3 point harness.

He told me it was fitted by Dubworks in Petersfield. So I'm guessing it can be done.
I was thinking about contacting Uberbus to see if they could fit one for me as they are more local to me.

Back