Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Slide out draw storage solition

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
After looking high and low for the right size to fit around toilet and not paying the earth for a plastic box or boxes, decided to get some plywood and make a custom one, will later be covered in some sort of thin carpet material

2B1A9370-8AE8-4A8A-ABF5-FE0B96BA5D9F.jpeg

D7BA9D33-C755-4B5D-B0E7-BFA44123F3B3.jpeg

3F9FCDAB-DD76-48AD-AA06-170B9AFE4ECA.jpeg

The 64 Litre Really Useful boxes fit 2 side by side in the boot. They fit Thetford 335.

The 64 Litre Really Useful boxes fit 2 side by side in the boot. They fit Thetford 335.
I know but you do lose a certain amount of space with boxes, i now have space to put my toilet tent in the long section were I could not before, it is not fastened down and is very light weight, made with plywood ,screws and other wood cost about £30
How much are the boxes, plus the enjoyment of making it ? I think

I know but you do lose a certain amount of space with boxes, i now have space to put my toilet tent in the long section were I could not before, it is not fastened down and is very light weight, made with plywood ,screws and other wood cost about £30
How much are the boxes, plus the enjoyment of making it ? I think
Yes, but you can remove the boxes. And technically you wouldn’t need the slider!

After looking high and low for the right size to fit around toilet and not paying the earth for a plastic box or boxes, decided to get some plywood and make a custom one, will later be covered in some sort of thin carpet material

View attachment 94214

View attachment 94215

View attachment 94216
Nice Job!
I'd be tempted to treat that left hand side panel with some marine varnish or similar. 6mm ply loves soaking up the moisture around it especially with UK humidity. The last thing you need is it to start twisting and ruining the geometry of it all.

Nice Job!
I'd be tempted to treat that left hand side panel with some marine varnish or similar. 6mm ply loves soaking up the moisture around it especially with UK humidity. The last thing you need is it to start twisting and ruining the geometry of it all.
Just making sure i do not need to modify it at all then will decide on the covering

View attachment 94214

View attachment 94215

View attachment 94216
I built something similar but then realised you have to remove it all to get to the jack and warning triangle. I removed the dividers and put boxes inside. The outer frame is easy to remove, if required.

IMG_20200826_114908.jpg

Back