Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear spoiler with a VW bike rack

burnercan

burnercan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I'm looking for a solution to be able to wear a bike rack and a rear spoiler at the same time. I found this, but I think it might just a bit too bling for me. Though, being raised it might line up ok with the pop top. Anybody tried that?

You can put a sportine spoiler on but it needs some chopping
out to get the bike rack on.

I'm looking for a solution to be able to wear a bike rack and a rear spoiler at the same time. I found this, but I think it might just a bit too bling for me. Though, being raised it might line up ok with the pop top. Anybody tried that?
That will definitely take the vehicle height over 2 metres but of course that won't matter if you have a Tailgate rack fitted.
I would check how far forward the wing projects as it could foul the rear of the elevating roof.

Definitely not for me I'm afraid.

That will definitely take the vehicle height over 2 metres but of course that won't matter if you have a Tailgate rack fitted.

Good thought. Does the bike rack actually extend above the roof line on it's own, or are you meaning with the bikes installed? I don't have it yet...

Good thought. Does the bike rack actually extend above the roof line on it's own, or are you meaning with the bikes installed? I don't have it yet...
The VW rack is below the roof line.

We load the rack with partially folded Bromptons and child bikes to keep below 2m.

ae406e435b5bf85946b576c3b95bec3c.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

On its own, No. With full non-folding bikes yes. So that spoiler, with just the empty rack will take you over 2m.

Slightly off topic and I think I'm right in saying, that if that bike rack sticks out more than a metre it should be illuminated if used in the dark. It looks like you have a two bar fitted and presumably the wiring socket so you could affix a trailer board easily. Just a thought for a belt and braces approach. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected and apologise.

Slightly off topic and I think I'm right in saying, that if that bike rack sticks out more than a metre it should be illuminated if used in the dark. It looks like you have a two bar fitted and presumably the wiring socket so you could affix a trailer board easily. Just a thought for a belt and braces approach. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected and apologise.

I posted that photo because by some quirk of the angle it makes the bike rack look enormous. It is, in fact, the standard and unmodified T6 bike rack, and the bikes and child trailer barely protrude beyond the rack, perhaps half an inch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back